Certified Medication Aide (CMA) - Sombrillo Nursing and Rehabilitation
Los Alamos Retirement Community Los Alamos, NM
- Posted: over a month ago
Sombrillo Nursing and Rehabilitation, an integral part of Los Alamos Retirement Community, is currently seeking qualified and professional Certified Medication Aide (CMA) to provide exceptional care for our skilled nursing facility patients. With a newly updated assisted living and skilled nursing facility, we offer a broad range of services to our residents. Please consider becoming a valued member of our team!
The primary purpose of the Certified Medication Aide is to assist in the administering of medications to residents as ordered by the attending physician, under the direction of the attending physician, the nurse supervisor or charge nurse, and the Director of Nursing Services.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Assist with medication administration under the direction of licensed nursing personnel
- Prepares and administers medications within scope of practice
- Documents the right medication to the right resident at the right time in the right dosage by the right route
- Document administration of medication on the Medication Administration Record (MARS).
- Makes certain that observations are made prior to and after medications as indicated
- Inventory medications, on designated forms, as they arrive
- Participate and cooperate with any facility surveys (inspections) made by authorized government agencies as requested by the Administrator or Director of Nursing Services.
- Ensure the confidentiality and rights of patients, the confidentiality of the health systems and department documents, and adhering to HIPAA Regulations.
- Attend and participate in continuing education programs designed to keep you abreast of changes in your profession, as well as to maintain your certification on a current status.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Requirements & Qualifications:
- Current certification as Medication Aide from the New Mexico Board of Nursing
- Experience working in a skilled nursing or sub-acute setting preferred (not required)
- Ability to focus on the task at hand
- Enthusiastic and enjoys engaging with residents
- Professional appearance
- Embraces the hospitality model of care and service to our residents
- A desire to be a part of the new generation of healthcare professionals
- Continuing education and career growth opportunities
- Opportunity to become a part of a cohesive, supportive workplace
- Excellent Medical, Dental, Vision & Life Insurance Benefits
- Competitive compensation & PTO
Los Alamos Retirement Community
AddressLos Alamos, NM
HealthcareView all jobs at Los Alamos Retirement Community