CNA Certification Class - Paid Training and Employment
Los Alamos Retirement Community Los Alamos, NM
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Sombrillo Nursing and Rehabilitation, an integral part of Los Alamos Retirement Community, is offering an excellent job opportunity for those looking to pursue a career as a health care provider for the seniors. We are offering a Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) Training Program beginning June 7, 2021.
Paid CNA Program Overview, Employment and Application Process:
- Paid training time, all course materials provided, and State certification exam fee paid*
- Three-week program with a blend of online training modules, self-study, in-person instruction and clinicals at our Los Alamos Retirement Community (LARC) Campus
- One-year employment commitment at Sombrillo Nursing & Rehab (flexible shifts, shift differentials, small home-like facility, continuing education, and much more)
- Application deadline is Friday, May 21st
CNA Training Program Dates
- Monday, June 7 to Friday, June 11 - Complete online new employee and compliance training courses (remote)
- Monday, June 14 to Friday, June 18 - Onsite at LARC for course instruction, simulations and labs from 9am to 5pm
- Monday, June 20 to Friday, June 25 - Onsite at LARC for course instruction, clinicals and final exams from 9am to 5pm
- Lunch break is 1/2 hour each day while onsite June 14 - June 25
Upon successful completion of the CNA Training Program, an exam date request will be submitted to the State. At this time, program graduates will work at Sombrillo Nursing & Rehabilitation as Nursing Assistants until successful completion of the CNA exam with the State of NM.
- Must be 18 years or older
- High School Diploma or GED preferred, but not required
- Professional appearance
- Embraces a hospitality mode of care and service with residents
- Assist residents with bathing, dressings, grooming, oral hygiene, bowl and bladder functions, ear and eye care, transfer and mobility, and observation for safety and comfort.
- Provide a caring and nurturing environment in which each resident feels comfortable, safe and important
- Paid training time for CNA certification course
- Set schedules (12 hour shifts)
- Shift differentials (for nights/weekends)
- Smaller skilled nursing facility with home-like environment
- Positive, supportive work environment
- Continuing education opportunities
- Rewarding work with opportunities for career advancement
- Excellent healthcare benefits and voluntary benefit options
- Paid time off (PTO)
To be considered for this exciting opportunity please submit your application or email firstname.lastname@example.org to learn more. We look forward to speaking with you!
Los Alamos Retirement Community
AddressLos Alamos, NM
HealthcareView all jobs at Los Alamos Retirement Community