- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Our client is looking VDI Engineer for Long term project in New York, NY - below is the detailed requirements.
Job Title: VDI Engineer
Location: New York, NY
Duration: Long term
- Bachelor's degree in Computer science or equivalent, with minimum 10+ Years of relevant experience.
- The role of the VDI Engineer is to plan and implement solutions to improve the availability, scalability, latency, and efficiency of virtual applications and services.
- The position will require extensive technical expertise in the virtualization areas of VMware Cloud on AWS, On-Prem vSphere, AWS Workspaces, and Azure Virtual Desktop.
- Must have An essential part of this role is the close collaboration with the EUC Architecture and Operations teams, other infrastructure disciplines, and the Security and Risk Mgmt organization.
- This role would be suited to an individual who has both deep virtualization knowledge and experience working within a large and complex global organization.
- We're looking for someone who thrives with compressed timelines and pressure, someone dynamic who is a real problem solver, and someone that understands customer requirements are a critical factor in the design and implementation of technology transformation.
- Ensure that VMware Cloud (VMC) on Amazon Web Services (AWS) operates with high reliability, availability and performance at scale for our customers.
- Participate in IT projects and lead smaller EUC MIS specific projects
- Analyze user requirements and develop appropriate EUC solutions to meet expected service levels
- Interact with business leaders, senior architects, product managers, solution architects and customers to discuss and collaborate on strategies for improving features, operations and to come-up with the future set products
- Ensure infrastructure security compliance
- Document architectures, deployments, and installations
- Troubleshooting and fixing more complex EUC & VDI issues that cannot be resolved by Service Desk, Field Services, or Desktop Operations.
- Contribute to the EUC strategy, collaborating with EUC Architecture, Engineering and Operations, Security Architecture, Risk Management, and Business Partners.
- Monitor and tune up running systems to ensure SLA meet business requirements
- Identifying repeatable tasks and automating them to make future deployments more efficient
- Identify, gather, analyze and automate responses to key performance metrics, logs, and alerts
- Providing real-world technical experience for architecture and engineering collaboration
- Training technical and non-technical people on how to use new solutions
- Perform other duties as requested by management
- Experience configuration, administration, and support of VMWare Horizon, VMWare DEM (Dynamic Environment Manager), VMware App Volumes, VMware vSphere, VMWare UAG (Unified Access Gateway), VMC on AWS
- Working knowledge of Azure Active Directory and Advanced Group Policy Management
- Experience with monitoring solutions: e.g. ELK, Splunk, SUMO, Nagios, Prometheus
- Demonstrate excellent communication skills including the ability to effectively communicate with internal and external customers.
- Ability to use strong industry knowledge to relate to customer needs and dissolve customer concerns and high level of focus and attention to detail.
- Strong work ethic with good time management with ability to work with diverse teams and lead meetings.
TechnologyView all jobs at Lorven technologies
Get fresh VDI Architect jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.