Business Analyst with Capital Markets - New York - Contract
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Location : New York
Duration: Long term contract
Prime Business Analyst role is part of Prime Finance IT organization and the candidate will be an integral part of Prime Data Application team which are broadly responsible to design, architect and develop Prime Data Platform by providing best in class Data Engineering, Data Management, Data Analytics and reporting services across all Prime business area facilitating external client reporting, regulatory reporting, internal reporting and critical applications that helps the business in making right decisions to maximize profits for the firm.The business is at the fore front of industry leading innovative client focused solutions using big data and cloud technologies and the role would require to work in a close partnership with IT, Product Management and business stake holders to break down requirements (acquire, analyse, synthesize, document, planning) for data acquisition and data science modelling across different Prime business areas.
- Lias effectively with product management and key business stake holders (front/middle office desk, risk managers, sales, quants etc) to prioritize data requirements across different business initiatives.
- Manage end to end delivery & ability to work across multiple stake holders and drive the project from the front including setting up stake holder forums, initial requirement generation, analysing requirements, backlog management, project planning, risk & dependency management and effective communication.
- Coordinate requirements effectively with IT teams including Data Engineering, Data Architecture & Data Solutions and resolve any requirement related impediments/blockers.
- Ability to perform extensive data analysis and/or POCs (Proof of Concept) for functional requirements either using Big Data and Python technologies or using SQL working closely with stakeholders.
- Ability to understand complex system and data flows across trading, settlement, book keeping and risk systems and design and execute logical/functional data model across different Prime business areas.
- Good understanding of project delivery in an agile setup using Scrum/Kanban.
- 6+ years of overall experience with Bachelor's or Master's degree from an accredited college or university in Financial Engineering, Computer Science, or related field.
- 4+ years of prior experience working as a business analyst in the capital markets domain with preferred experience in Equities/Fixed Income areas.
- Good working experience of JIRA, Confluence, Microsoft MPP & Visio for creating end to end designs and project plans.
- 3+ years of strong development/prototyping experience using SQL, ability to write complex queries for data analysis across different data sets.
- 1+ years of prior experience in using data visualization tools such as Qlikview, Tableau, PowerBI or excel reporting.
Good to have Skills
- Knowledge of Prime Brokerage, Securities Lending, Cash & Synthetic Financing.
- Development experience in Python. Exposure to Big Data/Hadoop technologies such as Hive, Impala & Spark.
AddressNew York, NY
BusinessView all jobs at Lorven technologies