Our healthcare facility is looking for a Geriatric Nursing Assistant (GNA) to join our team. The GNA helps to fulfill the care requirements of our patients. Under the direction of the Unit Nurse Manager, the successful candidate will work within their entire scope of practice. The GNA will be fully accountable for ensuring that the utmost in competent care and safety is consistently delivered to all residents.
Lorien Columbia is located in the heart of Howard County, MD and the first of 9 Lorien facilities. We have been in business in the healthcare industry for over 42 years. Our facility includes skilled nursing, rehabilitation, outpatient therapy, as well as the only Korean nursing unit in Howard County with 205 beds total, 4 nursing units, and are currently undergoing expansion that will include innovative brand new Dialysis units.
Lorien Columbia has been awarded “2019 Baltimore’s Best in Elder Care Services” as well as the “2019 Daily Record’s Best Innovations in Nursing!” In 2019, Newsweek Magazine recognized Lorien Columbia as "One of the Best Nursing Homes in Maryland."
Come experience a team and Care Forward approach to employee satisfaction.
Job Requirements and Skills
- Must hold a valid Maryland GNA license in good standing
- Up to date CPR certification
- Long Term Care experience, a plus
- High School diploma or GED
- Must have a kind, patient and empathetic personality as well as a commitment to providing patients with the best possible care
- Must be a team player with a strong work ethic and the willingness to help where and when it is needed
- Must display excellent verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Must have the ability to deal tactfully with personnel, residents, family members, visitors, government agencies/personnel and the general public
- Handle job responsibilities in accordance with the standards of the Company’s Code of Conduct and appropriate professional standards and applicable state/federal laws.
- Cleaning, bathing and dressing residents
- Distributing food trays and feeding residents
- Computer proficiency, a plus
- Must be able to work Evening: 3:00 pm - 11:00 pm or Night: 11:00 pm - 7:00 am
Lorien Health Services is an Equal Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Why Work Here?In Maryland, no towns are identical; at Lorien, no facilities are either. Since pioneering our vision for senior care in 1977, we've developed 9 locations, each one strategically placed to benefit the Maryland community. We were the first senior care facility in the state to bring assisted living communities and skilled nursing facilities together, and we're continuing that progressive vision into the future. Every location is managed by administrators who provide personalized care and lead the facility with its residents and community in mind. They have the autonomy to implement the exact programs and technologies their residents need. All 9 locations are different for a reason: that one of them is always perfect for someone.
Strong advocates of internal professional growth and generous PTO package.