Building Maintenance Specialist - Custodial S
- Posted: over a month ago
Our primary goal as a staff is to facilitate, under the leading of the Holy Spirit, the transformation of lives.
Job Title: Building Maintenance Specialist/Custodial Supervisor
Position Summary: Provide for the maintenance, repair, and safety of the Lord of Life facilities and grounds. Responsible for supervising and ensuring the cleaning and maintenance of Lord of Life Lutheran.
Reports to: Building Maintenance/IT Supervisor
Supervises: Custodial Staff
Hours Worked Per Week: 40
- Maintenance/other (approx. 60%)
- Monitor and maintain the exterior of building and grounds, including signage, weed control, and appearance of grounds
- Troubleshoot mechanical issues that arise, in the absence of the Building Maintenance Coordinator
- Assist Building Maintenance Coordinator with various maintenance projects and organization of church supplies and equipment
- Provide snow removal
- Supervise part-time staff (approx. 20%)
- Identify, interview, and hire new part-time employees
- Train staff. Establish standards and procedures
- Monitor custodial resources/coverage for budget trends
- Set and adjust shifts to ensure the cleanliness, maintenance, and security of the building
- Review and provide feedback to staff on performance improvement and quality of service.
- Cleaning and room set-up (approx. 20%)
- Inspect building for cleanliness and safety compliance
- Clean all areas of building (floors, walls, rooms, windows, bathrooms, trash & recycling collection)
- Set up and take down meeting rooms as schedule dictates
- Coordinate with staff to exceed expectations in regard to room set-up and configuration
- Maintain custodial supply closets
This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions; nothing in this herein restricts management’s rights to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time.
- Action orientated - Taking on new opportunities and tough challenges with a sense of urgency, high energy, and enthusiasm.
- Collaborates - Building partnerships and working collaboratively with others to meet shared objectives.
- Ensures accountability - Holding self and others accountable to meet commitments.
- Plans and aligns - Planning and prioritizing work to meet commitments aligned with organizational goals.
- Resourcefulness - Securing and deploying resources effectively and efficiently.
- Develops talent - Developing people to meet both their career goals and the organization’s goals.
- Directs work - Providing direction, delegating, and removing obstacles to get work done.
- Communicates effectively - Developing and delivering multi-mode communications that convey a clear understanding of the unique needs of different audiences.
- Optimizes work processes - Knowing the most effective and efficient processes to get things done, with a focus on continuous improvement.
Education/Qualifications: High school or equivalent
- Knowledge of a variety of engineering fields (electrical, mechanical, plumbing, etc.).
- Able to work with cleaning chemicals
- Leadership experience
Physical Demands: X appropriate category to function in the job
Sedentary work - Exerting up to 10 pounds of force occasionally, and/or negligible
amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects,
including the human body. Sedentary work involves sitting most of the time. Jobs are
sedentary if walking and standing are required only occasionally, and all other sedentary
criteria are met.
Light work - Exerting up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or a negligible amount of force constantly to move objects. If the use of arm and/or leg control requires exertion of
forces greater than that of sedentary work and if the worker sits most of the time, the job is considered light work.
X Medium work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force seldom, 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
Heavy work - Exerting up to 100 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 50 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 20 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Working with cleaning chemicals
- Physical Labor
- Interior and exterior work environments
- Hand and electric tools
- Power tools
- Cleaning equipment
Lord Of Life Lutheran Church
AddressMaple Grove, MN
Real EstateView all jobs at Lord Of Life Lutheran Church