HR Classification Specialist
Lord and Tucker Management Consultants, LLC is seeking individuals with experience working in a Federal Government Human Resources office.
- Knowledge of Office of Personnel and other federal agency’s Human Resources policies and procedures.
- Interpret and implement classification standards, appropriate levels, numbers of positions, Fair Labor Standard Act determinations, etc.; and validate and determine the appropriate pay system, occupational grouping, title, and grade/band of positions.
- Support federal government specialists and team leaders in conducting information gathering, analysis, and problem resolution for a variety of recruitment, placement, and classification issues. Provide recruitment staffing and classification services and guidance to a wide variety or complex and unique organizations with diverse missions.
- Explain personnel policies, processes and procedures to program managers and staff in terms of support to the Agency and program objectives.
- Interpret and apply General Schedule classification standards and guidance; and assist in the determination of effective and economical organization and position structures to provide position management advice and guidance.
- Write and review federal government position descriptions and knowledge skills and abilities (KSAs) summaries.
- Research and provide interpretation and instructions on laws, regulations, policies and procedures. Apply established laws, directives and issuances to individual situations and agency wide conditions peculiar to the various organizational missions and requirements.
- Develop the master records and individual positions in the applicable systems; maintain up to date position descriptions; perform position reviews, and participate in classification studies and provide advisory services on reclassification actions.
- Make use of multiple recruiting strategies and websites including special appointment authorities, such as those for displaced employees, veterans, overseas returnees, direct hires, or shared recruitments to place top talent within the organization. Post vacancy announcements to USA Jobs, Indeed, Glassdoor, etc.
- Process recruitment, staffing and classification action request. Monitor status of recruitment, staffing, and classification actions in various stages and in automated HR systems, and ensure actions are processed timely. Recognize problem areas; make recommendations for improvement to processes.
- Provide guidance to customers and staffs on position and organization design including conducting analysis and providing guidance and recommendations from a classification perspective.
- Participate in meetings and briefings as needed to resolve actions with senior management other Agency organizations, support personnel, and serviced customer organizations.
Short-term employment opportunities
Subject to Contract Award
Lord And Tucker Management Consulta
Why Work Here?Lord and Tucker Management Consultants, LLC (LTMC), headquartered in Maryland, is an award winning 8(a) and Economically Disadvantaged Women Owned Small Business (EDWOSB) specializing in acquisition, financial management, and program management, audit support, professional development and training, and policy studies to the federal government. LTMC's strong understanding of federal acquisition, contract, financial management and program management organization (PMO) lifecycles paves the way for mature organizational processes, experienced resources, responsive management and proven management methodologies to meet and exceed client goals. We leverage expertise across all types of business sectors. LTMC prides itself on assessing the client’s needs to create customized project outcomes and deliverables.