Lord and Tucker Management Consultants, LLC (LTMC) is an award winning 8(a) and Economically Disadvantaged Women Owned Small Business (EDWOSB) specializing in providing acquisition management, financial management, program management support, audit support, professional development and training, and policy studies to the federal government. LTMC's strong understanding of federal acquisition, contract, financial management and program management organization (PMO) lifecycles paves the way for mature organizational processes, experienced resources, responsive management and proven management methodologies to meet and exceed client goals. We leverage expertise across all types of business sectors. LTMC prides itself on assessing the client’s needs to create customized project outcomes and deliverables.
LTMC is seeking skilled Contract Specialist to perform the full process of the acquisition life cycle, including solicitation preparation, proposal evaluation, cost and price analysis, contract award, contract administration, modifications, and contract payment approval and processing in the Washington, DC and Greater Baltimore area.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Evaluate acquisition requests and serves as representative for the contracting office during the acquisition planning stages
- Analyze contracting methods, acquisition vehicles, and contract types
- Conduct market research
- Assist program personnel in the preparation of purchase request package documents including the Statement of Work, cost estimates, and Limited Source Justifications
- Prepare solicitations to include instructions to offerors, develop evaluation criteria, compile and tailor appropriate clauses and provisions
- Review proposals for compliance
- Serve as technical advisor to contracting office management
- Analyze cost and price data
- Prepare contract file document
- Review invoices, draft contract modifications, assist with contract closeout
KNOWLEDGE AND SKILL REQUIREMENTS
- Knowledge of federal contracting laws, regulations, directives, and procedures
- Experience conducting procurements using procedures in Federal Acquisition Regulation (FAR) Parts 8, 12, 13, 15, and 16
- Knowledge of contract negotiation techniques sufficient to negotiate and administer contracts where the contracting actions are well defined and precedents are available
- Knowledge of contract administration principles/practices to monitor contractor performance and solve problems relating to contract modifications, contract progress, contract payments, and other similar problems
- Knowledge of contract monitoring and management control techniques necessary to monitor the contractor's financial and business conditions and to detect indicators having an adverse impact on contract performance
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, managers, and government customers
- Excellent interpersonal, listening, verbal and written communication skills
- Must be able to pass a government background check prior to starting work
- Minimum 5+ years of federal contracting experience
JOB REQUIREMENTS AND QUALIFICATIONS:
- Bachelor’s Degree in a business discipline or related field preferred (at least 24-credit hours in business required)
- Should have experience working multiple purchase requests at the same time.
- Should have experience in FAR Parts 8, 12, 13, 15, and 16.
- Government contract certification requested (CFCM, DAWIA, FAC-C)
- Experience with MS Office suite
- Experience using various Contract writing system