- Posted: January 13, 2023
The Plant Controller is responsible for managing the plant accounting and financial function to perform the full range of general and cost accounting processes and a broad range of financial analyses. Provide continuous guidance to plant leadership team for optimal performance of facility's labor force, primary and secondary manufacturing processes, products, support cost centers, and capital appropriations. The Controller has compliance responsibility to assure alignment with internal policy/procedure and general financial / accounting controls. The Controller has operational finance responsibility for the facility in terms of financial close/analysis/reporting of results, identifying root cause of financial variances, and guiding financial corrective actions to meet high performance commitments.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Develop and maintain a system of internal controls which ensures the integrity of all financial reporting and systems and implement advancements per regional / global directives.
- Deliver timely and accurate monthly/periodic statements of financial results and balance sheet reconciliations which meet the internal financial reporting needs of the facility as well as regional organization.
- Analyze, interpret and explain financial and operating data and underlying root cause of variance for clear corrective actions recommendations to appropriate function heads to control costs and inventories.
- Lead facility's annual budget and product cost standards development in coordination with regional organization with analytical clarity of changes from actual historical baselines; lead all financial communications in budget review process.
- Lead all financial analysis, valuation, audit and monthly financial reporting of the facility's performance improvement pipeline of projects and ongoing replenishment with new project additions.
- With Facility Operations Manager coach plant leadership on resource prioritization for optimizing EBITDA and cash results from the performance improvement pipeline.
- In conjunction with Engineering oversee financial management of the Facility's execution of capital plans including financial oversight of expenditure appropriation requests, construction in progress and fixed asset accounting and post-completion audit of major capital projects.
- Ensure the development and training of direct financial staff as well as financial education for non-financial plant personnel; assume broader training / education roles on special topics for regional and / or global organizations as designated.
- Assist Facility Operations Manager and staff in regular communications with all facility personnel on financial performance and performance improvement programs.
- Oversee all aspects of inventory cycle counts and physical inventories, related reconciliations and corrective actions for loss and age/obsolescence with facility management.
- Assume special project leadership assignments as required to assist change management in financial systems, processes, business rules, and other aspects of continuous improvement.
JOB SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Strong collaborative interpersonal skills to build team relationships and leadership credibility.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills; ability to present ideas clearly and concisely.
- BS/BA degree in accounting, finance or economics.
- 7+ years of professional work experience as Controller/Sr Cost Analyst in industrial manufacturing.
- Manufacturing cost systems knowledge and applied experience in development of standard costs.
- Advanced MS Excel skills; SAP or equivalent financial ERP experience preferred.
- Demonstrated success in implementing process improvements and leading significant change.
- Highly effective in a deadline driven and multi-task environment.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health savings account with generous annual employer contribution
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Development and career growth opportunities
- Competitive 401(k) matching program
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable law.
Finance and InsuranceView all jobs at Loparex LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?