- Posted: over a month ago
Loparex LLC is the world's largest manufacturer of extrusion base and silicone-coated release liners for the converting industry. We have facilities throughout the U.S., Europe, China, and India. Loparex's Iowa City Facility is currently looking for a Controls Engineer to join our team.
As a Controls Engineer, the individual will be responsible for machine control programming, data acquisition and HMI for the Iowa City facility.
PRIMARY JOB DUTIES AND RESPONSIBLITIES
- Promotes safety by leading by example, participating in safety engagements, and encouraging the team to work safely each day and to follow all safety guidelines and procedures
- Abiding by all plant safety rules (lockout/tagout, confined space entry, fall protection, etc.)
- Determines and writes programs for PLC, HMI and AC/DC drives
- Design, install and modify new and existing electrical and electronic equipment
- Supervise start up and implementation of new or modified equipment
- Develops systems to maintain the facility consistent with plant goals and continuous operations
- Responsible for understanding NED electrical codes, OSHA regulations and standard operating procedures for installing, modifying, and repairing electrical and electronic equipment and systems
- Create and revise schematic drawings using AutoCAD to document architecture of automated systems and field wiring
- Modifications to existing PLC programs to enhance productivity, making changes within ladder logic, function block programing and visual basic coding
- Ownership of Proficy IFix computers, hardware & software upgrades, problems, changes, etc.
- Participate in the BBS (Behavioral Based Safety) and LPA (Layered Process Audit) programs
- Projects for AEI (Automation, Electrical & Instrumentation) solutions
- Participation on plant safety committees as needed
- On-site attendance
- Other duties as assigned by manager
JOB SKILLS, EXPERIENCE, AND KNOWLEDGE REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Previous experience to meet job expectations, preferably in a manufacturing environment
- Experience with Intellution, Ihistorian, Allen Bradley, Siemens TI 505 and Ladder Logic programming
- Ability and skill to use a wide variety of diagnostic and repair tools
- Ability to read and follow electronic/electrical schematics, technical manuals, drawings, and regulatory
- Working knowledge of industrial electrical concepts and process instrumentation
- Strong analytical and communication skills, including ability to lead a team
- Ability to prioritize and plan work activities, use time efficiently and develop realistic action plans.
- Ability to communicate professionally, both verbally and in writing
- Solid computer skills with office productivity software for email, word processing and spreadsheets
- Must have the ability to wear personal protective equipment including ear plugs, safety glasses and steel toe shoes
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- Health savings account with generous annual employer contribution
- Fitness reimbursement program
- Development and career growth opportunities
- Competitive 401(k) matching program
We are an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will be considered for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other category protected by applicable law.
AddressIowa City, IA
ManufacturingView all jobs at Loparex LLC
What email should the hiring manager reach you at?