Looptworks is an impact brand. We believe in the power of design, as a tool to convert waste, excess, and broken systems into amazing solutions and products. Our efforts will lead to zero waste and close loop solutions. Along the way, we will conserve water, fresh air and positively impact people. We will inspire a generation to practice mindful consumption while innovating for big time solutions. Our ethos is framed by one simple concept; Use only what already exist. It is the most environmentally responsible way to create best in class products that are visually stunning and functionally superior while saving water and fresh air.
You are passionate about innovating on the creative process to ensure minimal impact to the environment. You are an innovative, spirited team player that is fun to be around. You are a leader that knows best in class product and thrives well in a dynamic, fast moving environment. You are extremely well organized and collaborative, yet decisive, in order to achieve speed to market. Self-initiative will be necessary to move projects and tasks from ideation to delivery.
Looptworks is looking for a visionary leader for Looptworks branded apparel and accessories product lines. This position will be responsible for driving revenue growth and meeting margin goals. Responsibilities include the overall vision and planning of the product lines, product lifecycle management, strong market, product and competitor analysis blended with instinct and innovation around end user desires and overall market trends.
This includes creating a roadmap of product offering, development and execution of all product concepts into a go to market strategy.
- Create products that surprise and delight our end customers.
- Assure new product concepts follow the LOOPTWORKS ethos and incorporate competitive analysis and market trends to identify opportunities.
- Organize product briefs and assure brief accuracy to provide clear product direction and information to the design team.
- Manage a development timeline and assure all new products follow calendar dates for on time delivery while achieving targets and goals for each brief.
- Maintain pricing and margin model.
- Responsible for outward communications to the entire team to ensure each product is clearly understood in terms of target and positioning.
- Collaborate with sales and marketing to develop and drive the go-to-market strategy.
- Manage inventory, product turns and overall Profit and Loss for the category.
- Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree or equivalent education in Apparel and/or Textile Product Development, Merchandising, Design or another related field.
- At least 3 year’s experience in Product Line Management preferably with experience in one or more of these categories: apparel, outerwear, bags or equipment.
- Strong oral and written communication skills, including excellent presentation skills.
- A passionate leader that can inspire a team. Ability to multi-task, proactively trouble shoot and problem solve.
- Strong understanding of construction, color, materials, fit, and manufacturing capabilities. Knowledge of industrial sewing is a plus.
- Experience in vendor communication, costing, cost negotiation, vendor evaluation and sourcing.
- Proven ability to partner with Factories, Design, Operations, Marketing and E-commerce teams to commercialize product from concept stage to market.
- Proven ability to manage multiple priorities, anticipate demands, communicate status appropriately, manage calendar and maintain a high level of operational transparency and accountability.
- Conduct market research with respect to competition, trends, product strategy, product features and pricing. Create innovative concepts that result in market leadership in the category.
- Ensures margin goals are achieved on a consolidated basis.
- Analyzing product sell through, inventory turns and margin to maximize sales and profit.
- Gain insight into line development by exposure to consumer and sales channels.
- Full understanding of Excel and Adobe Creative Suite.
- Self-motivated, able to work independently with minimal supervision, and has the ability to work on multiple projects efficiently.
- Understanding of supply chain, building BOMs, ordering trims and managing in house and outside production (domestic and overseas).
- Maintain the Brand’s quality standards in all products.
This position is located in Portland, Oregon and there is no relocation package.
Please send your resume and any examples of your work to email@example.com and reference Director of Product in the subject line.