R&D Mechanical Engineer
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Loop Energy is helping build a zero-emissions world – and we need your help!
We are a Canadian based industry-leading developer, manufacturer and supplier of hydrogen fuel cell systems - our products are reshaping the industry with an unmatched combination of fuel efficiency, power density and fuel efficiency.
We have recently raised 100 million dollars, now publicly traded, and excited about our future.
*** relocation support for any candidates anywhere in the world ***
The R&D Mechanical Engineer is responsible for the detailed design of fluid channels and will work closely
with unit cell engineers to design/test optimized MEA and bipolar plate interactions.
Each day will be different, yet key responsibilities and expectations include:
- Apply the Loop patented eFlow concept to new bipolar plate designs.
- Improve and develop predictive models for fluids, thermal and the structural performance
assessment of the channel design.
- Work closely with the stack team to develop new testing tools and methodologies for detailed
assessment of new concepts
- Coordinate design and testing activities with the stack engineering to assess new designs against
phase gate maturation of new technologies.
- Keep up to date on state-of-the-art plate design from patents and competitors’ landscape.
- Support prototype builds and tear down analysis of test articles.
- Support the development of design requirements with the unit cell and stack team.
- Participate in detailed design reviews and documentation of the design and test process
- Impact analysis of complex tolerance stack-ups, considering build, operating and environmental
What we are looking for:
- Experience in PEM fuel cell plate design
- Strong mechanical aptitude and understanding of manufacturing methods (plates, seals, MEAs,
- Strong understanding of fluid mechanics, thermodynamics, and heat transfer
- Ability to bring ideas to prototype level with a focus on high-volume design
- 3D CAD design experience (Solidworks preferred)
- Unit Cell Specific FEA/CFD experience (Comsol/Ansys/Matlab)
- Application of structured problem-solving methods (8D, 5-whys)
- Pro-active; ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to work and multi-task in a highly technical, fast-paced environment
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Proficiency in MS Office
Why you should join Loop Energy?
- Rare opportunity to join a company making a difference
- A chance to work within a Canadian company in high growth and a bright future
- Competitive salary and comprehensive company paid health and dental benefits
- Flexible Lifestyle and Health Spending Accounts
- Employee and Family Assistance Program (EFAP)
- Opportunities for career advancement
- Relocation support for any individual to British Columbia, Canada
Please apply asap as we are interviewing immediately! No cover letter required.
We have recently raised 100 million dollars, are now publicly traded, and excited about our future.
Get fresh Mechanical Energy Engineer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.