ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
• Check identifying numbers or seals on bags of deposits and/or change shipments against the
receipts accompanying each bag, or against the listing provided for such bags, boxes or containers.
• Count items, record amounts and serial numbers, sign and date receipts and manifests.
• Load/unload wagons or flat bed carts with bags/boxes of coin weighing an average of 50 lbs.
per item. Function is performed several times during a 6 to 10 hour shift, 5 to 6 days per week.
• Load/unload buggies containing bags of currency/checks weighing an average of 50 lbs. per
Function is performed several times during a 6 to 10 hours shift, 5 to 6 days per week.
• Sort individual cargo items by route.
• Communicate verbally with co-workers and with customers via telephone.
PERFORMANCE OF THE ABOVE FUNCTIONS REQUIRES:
• Ability to push/pull wagons, carts, buggies, dollies loaded with cargo weighing up to several
• Unrestricted ability to repetitiously bend, stoop, squat, stand, walk, climb, twist, turn, and
• Ability to perform repetitious lifting of items weighing an average of 50 lbs. each from floor
level to approximately 4-foot high counter top.
• Ability to repetitiously bend (stoop and/or squat) to lift items weighing an average of 50
lbs. each to load/unload wagons, carts, buggies or dollies.
• Ability to maintain a stooped or squatting position for several minutes to perform the sorting
• Ability to walk continuously between bins, vaults, booths, counters.
• Ability to stand on concrete floor approximately 80 percent of shift.
• Ability to read and speak the English language sufficiently to converse with
co-workers and customers, and to read receipts, manifests and reports.
• Ability to sign and record numbers by hand and to make entries on records and prepare reports.
• Ability to count, add, subtract and balance columns of numbers.
• Ability to meet State requirements for handgun license/permit or Security Officer Commission.