We are seeking a Nurse to join our team! You will be responsible for the assessment, diagnosis, and treatment of assigned patients and will be responsible for the following
- Assisting with all day-to-day efficient operations of the Health Center.
- Diagnose and establish patient treatment plans
- Monitor and report changes in patient symptoms or behavior
- Vital signs, assessment of students presenting to Health Center and following of standing order/protocols for both inpatients and outpatients. Dispensing of medications per orders/protocols.
- Maintain timely communications with appropriate departments/faculty regarding students being cared for in Health Center.
- Educate patients about health maintenance and disease prevention
- Facilitate referrals to other healthcare professionals and medical facilities
- Maintain accurate patient medical records
- Provide advice and emotional support to patients and their family members
- Assisting with all day-to-day efficiencies of the Health Center
- Previous experience in nursing or other medical fields. Experience in boarding schools preferred
- Familiarity with medical software
- Ability to build rapport with patients
- Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- Candidate must be flexible, dependable, organized and detail oriented. The ability to communicate effectively with prescribing physicians, students, parents and faculty is a must.
Loomis Chaffee SchoolThe Loomis Chaffee School is a renowned New England boarding school located on a 300-acre campus in Windsor, Connecticut. Chartered in 1874 by five siblings whose children all died tragically and who then selflessly determined to found a school as a gift to the children of others, Loomis provides our students with the best education — an education in which excellence in teaching and learning is shaped by the why, as much as the what, and every member of the community shares a commitment to the best self and the common good.