Member Service Representative
Lookout Credit Union Pocatello, ID
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Come work for the #bestemployeronearth! Lookout Credit Union (formerly ISU Credit Union) is searching for the right person to help our members tread fearlessly on their financial adventures. We currently have an opening for a Member Service Representative at our Alameda branch in Pocatello. The position is a full time, non-exempt position.
The primary role of the Member Service Representative is to educate members about all Credit Union products and services as well as embody our vision of being the most innovative lender and greatest educational partner.
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
- Provide members with an exceptional financial experience through offering lending and budgeting solutions as well as processing basic member transactions. This includes effectively cross selling members on loan and deposit products, accurately processing loan applications, and ensuring all loan documents meet Credit Union underwriting and approval guidelines as set forth by the Board of Directors. In addition, ensure these forms are completed and all systems are updated, all loan and new membership files contain all the necessary documents and are uploaded to the proper digital archive storage in a timely manner. Successful MSRs consistently review each member's financial situation and current Credit Union product utilization to offer solutions based on need to further develop the member's relationship with the Credit Union.
- Meet or exceed established Credit Union goals for the branch, the Credit Union as a whole, as well as individual goals.
- Keep current on Credit Union loan and deposit products, related services, consumer credit, regulations, policies and procedures, and movement within the industry.
- Effectively education members on the benefits and advantages of Credit Union membership and utilization of its products and services.
- All other job related duties as assigned.
- Provide professional, friendly, personal service to all members and coworkers leaving them with a WOW experience.
- Process and assist all members with their financial requests within a timely manner and with minimal errors, ensuring all forms and documentation are completed and filed/scanned in a timely manner, and all systems have been accurately checked.
- Function as a consumer loan officer; underwriting loans, processing, evaluating and/or approving loan applications per management limits and Credit Union policy.
- Effectively promote and educate new members about the advantages and benefits of belonging to the Credit Union, products and services information and effectively cross selling and promoting items at new account openings to achieve or exceed all established cross sales goals and assist in meeting department/branch goals.
- Cross sell minimum amount of services per month to our members.
- Understand and follow the Credit Union policies and procedures in place.
- Balance teller drawer daily being no more than $20 out of balance on a given day with a total outage amount not to exceed $75 in a six (6) month period.
- Consistently have a CL/CD coverage percentage meeting Credit Union expectations.
Knowledge and Skills:
- Experience: Up to six months of similar or related experience.
- Education: A high school education or GED.
- Interpersonal Skills:
- Strong verbal communication skills. Must be an empathetic listener, able to overcome objections, and solve problems by gaining a significant level of diplomacy and trust with Credit Union members. Must display diplomacy and tact when communicating information of a personal or sensitive nature with others inside and outside of the organization.
- Team player with the ability to work in a diverse environment and obtain information and cooperation both internally and/or externally.
- Self-starter who is motivated and has the ability to motivate or influence others. Taking the initiative to utilize the tools provided by the Credit Union and within policy guidelines to solve problems is essential to the position.
- A positive, friendly attitude displaying characteristics of professionalism, courtesy and tact in all aspects of the position.
- Other Skills:
- Working knowledge of basic computer skills and applications including email and word processing functions. Use/operate a computer keyboard and 10-key calculator by touch. Attention to detail and entering data accurately is essential.
- Strong written communication skills utilizing proper grammar and punctuation. Must be able to efficiently compose, format, save, and print documents.
- Ability to follow directions and interpret policy in both written and verbal form are essential to the position.
- Adept at utilizing the internet to navigate websites for information and perform keyword searches.
- Physical Requirements: Ability to express or exchange ideas by means of the spoken word. Verbal communication is important to impart detailed or important oral information accurately and efficiently to members and coworkers. Must have the ability to perceive sounds and words through oral communication. Ability to exert up to 30 lbs. of force; occasionally lift, carry, push, pull, or otherwise move objects. Involves standing most of the time, buy may involve walking or sitting for brief periods of time.
- Work Environment: Work is generally performed in a temperature-controlled office environment. Exposure to ambient office equipment noise such as computers, telephones, and conversations between coworkers and members.
This position will be open for a minimum of five (5) business days beginning Tuesday, February 2, 2021. Interested candidates should apply through the Credit Union’s application portal located at http://www.lookoutcu.com/careers.html. No paper applications will be accepted.
Lookout Credit Union is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All applicants are considered for all positions without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, sexual orientation, pregnancy, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, medical condition, military/veteran status, genetic information, marital status, ethnicity, alienage or any other protected classification in accordance with applicable federal, state, and local laws. By completing an application, you are seeking to join a team of hardworking professionals dedicated to consistently delivering outstanding service to our members and contributing to the success of Lookout Credit Union, its members, and its employees. Equal access to programs, services, and employment is available to all qualified persons. Those persons requiring accommodations to the application and/or interview process should contact a representative of the Human Resources department.
Employment with Lookout Credit Union will be contingent upon the successful completion of a credit and background check along with verification of eligibility to work in the U.S.
Lookout Credit Union
BusinessView all jobs at Lookout Credit Union