As a Database Administrator, you’ll work as a member of the technical development team. Working closely with application architects to define and develop our applications implemented in distributed enterprise-wide data architecture. As a DBA, you will participate in all aspects of database design, development, deployment, and testing. The DBA area requires knowledge of nearly all technology stacks (Transactional, Data Warehouse, LOB, etc.)
All activities must be in compliance with Equal Employment Opportunity laws, HIPAA, ERISA and other regulations, as appropriate.
In addition to working as prescribed in our Performance Factors specific responsibilities of this role include:
· Develop and test backup/recovery procedures
· Perform installs and upgrades
· Partner with DB Architect in setting database standards and best practices
· Evaluating business requirements and translating them into specific database solutions
· Creating data design models, database architecture and data repository
· Creating and testing database prototypes
· Ensuring database integrity, stability and system availability
· Ensuring new database schema meets standards for readability and performance
· Monitor and tune for performance
· Write efficient T-SQL scripts.
· 3+ years of experience as a database administrator.
· Strong experience working with Microsoft SQL Server 2008R2/2012 & higher (stored procedures, triggers, functions, views, constraints & indexes).
· Experience with modeling tools.
· Strong database design and development experience working with developers.
· Understanding of different database models and styles (OLTP, OLAP, NoSQL)
· Intermediate level knowledge of Windows operating systems.
· Experience in troubleshooting performance issues (query optimization, performance monitors & troubleshooting tools).
· Must be able to act both independently and as a team member.
· Ability to read, analyze and interpret technical procedures.
· Strong written and verbal communication skills: Ability to write reports and business correspondence. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from a diverse audience.
· High level reasoning skills with the ability to solve problems and deal with a variety of data in situations with limited standardization. Must be able to interpret a variety of instructions presented in both written and oral form.
· Presents a professional and positive image at all times.
· SQL 2008 / 2012 / 2014 / 2016 Server Certification
· Experience in Enterprise Design for high volume, transactional environments
· Experience with Analysis Server (SSAS) and Integration Services (SSIS)
· Knowledge of BI infrastructure
· Experience in virtualized environments
· Previous experience with MongoDB and PostgreSQL a plus