Design Engineer - Mobile, AL
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
This position is located on-site in Mobile, AL. Relocation package available.
Major Job Responsibilities/Duties:
· Develop 2D drawings and 3D CAD data utilizing Solidworks and AutoCAD LT
· Prepare Raw Material Specifications
· Prepare customer-specific documentation for submission following customer processes
· Evaluate documentation for revision
· Review documentation for accuracy to requirements and completeness
· Develop/Expand 2D and 3D Parts Libraries
· Design and Evaluate new parts designs/concepts for manufacturability
· VA/VE – Evaluate existing designs for improvement in design, quality, cost.
· Research projects
· DFMEA, DRBFM Evaluation
· Design Reviews
· Product Verifications
· Sample Request development
· External communication, written and verbal
· Review/Evaluate Design Validation Test Plans
Minor Job Responsibilities/Duties:
· Statistical Process Control Studies
· Development of logo/art files utilizing Adobe Creative Suite programs including Illustrator, Photoshop and Acrobat
· Internal Documentation development
· Process ECR/ECN and /or Specification Deviation changes
· Review and reset Design Transfer samples for Production and Design
· Other duties as required
· Education: BS/AA in Mechanical Engineering or equivalent experience.
· Skills: Solidworks and GD& T experience, working knowledge of assorted CAD, AutoCad LT, Adobe Illustrator and other graphic design software and file formats, mathematics ability.
· Competency: Able to work independently and with other departments as needed, excellent organizational ability
· General Office skills with Microsoft Office knowledge.
· Able to multitask to meet short timelines
· Familiarity with ISO, APQP a plus.
· Physical Demands: Sit up to 8 hours on a regular basis and able to lift 10 pounds on a regular basis, 25 pounds on an occasional basis, 30 pounds on rare occasions
At Long’s, our people are our greatest asset. We’ve been serving Mobile and Baldwin Counties – and the entire Gulf Coast area – since 1948. With this experience, we bring unparalleled knowledge of the area markets, and this knowledge translates to the best possible job fit for companies and employees. When it comes to recruiting and placement of long-term contract, temporary and direct hire employees, we know what works for you. Simply put, we offer jobs. Well done. For more information please visit LongsHRS.com
Long's Human Resource Services
Get fresh Mobility Developer jobs daily straight to your inbox!
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.