The position is responsible for processing files for the closing and/or post-closing of residential or commercial real estate and mortgage transactions, which may include any of the following responsibilities:
- Process, review for completeness and organize the closing file. Order all necessary information for the upcoming closing, including payoff, title evidence, mortgage documentation, inspections and other pertinent information. Schedule closings. Locate abstracts. Obtain and review all documents to satisfy lien holders. Maintain accuracy of files throughout the closing process. Inform appropriate persons if additional documentation or action is necessary. Follow the progress of loan and title work and facilitate corrections of problems to help maintain a timely closing date. May prepare and submit closed loan or assumption package, deposits and disbursement documentation, recording packages and commission package to the appropriate departments or entities.
- Prepare transferring and mortgage documentation, HUD Settlement Statements and other required miscellaneous documents for execution. Ensure the execution of necessary documents prior to closing. May be responsible to accurately prepare trust account checks and commission checks for multiple brokerages. May balance closing files. May meet with sellers for execution of necessary documents for closing including explanation of documents and closing costs. May ensure that all outstanding checks and escrows are cleared and disbursed.
- Respond in a timely, professional and courteous manner to any phone inquiries from our customers regarding pending and closed files. Communicate with sales associates and client about the closing process.
- Determine and verify title exceptions. May communicate the problem (or potential problem) to the clients and their respective sales associates or attorneys. Assist to resolve title issues prior to closing.
- May assist with business marketing to help increase the capture rate to meet goals.
- May perform administrative duties such as, answer phones, type, proof, package and distribute documents and files, perform copying, retrieve files, process mail and courier deliveries and help with mailings.
- May provide support as needed for the Commercial Title Assistant.
- Perform any additional responsibilities as requested or assigned.
· Meet all performance and behavior expectations outlined in the company performance appraisal form or communicated by management.
· Perform responsibilities as directed achieving desired results within expected time frames and with a high degree of quality and professionalism.
· Establish and maintain positive and productive work relationships with all staff, customers and business partners.
· Demonstrate the behavioral and technical competencies necessary to effectively complete job responsibilities. Take personal initiative for technical and professional development.
· Follow the company HR Policy, the Code of Business Conduct and all subsidiary and department policies and procedures, including protecting confidential company information, attending work punctually and regularly, and following good safety practices in all activities.
· High school diploma or equivalent work experience and knowledge.
· One to two years of real estate, mortgage or title experience.
Knowledge and Skills:
· Strong computer skills.
· Effective oral and written communication skills.
· Must be able to work efficiently, handle deadline pressures and to work as a member in a team-oriented environment.
· Effective interpersonal skills, detail-oriented, self-motivated, organized, with a customer service focus.
· Effective analytical and problem-solving skills. Must possess a strong aptitude for figures.
· Ability to prioritize and handle multiple tasks and projects concurrently.
Other (licenses, certifications, schedule flexibility/OT, travel, etc.):
· Ability to occasionally work extra hours during peak times of the month.
We understand how inspiring it is to find a job that’s a perfect fit. And we understand the critical needs of employers to find quality people to meet their staffing needs – whether long-term or short-term.
When it comes to recruiting and placement of long-term contract, temporary and direct hire employees, we know what works for you. Simply put, we offer jobs. Well done.
Long's Human Resource Services
Why Work Here?At Long’s, our people are our greatest asset. We’ve been serving Mobile and Baldwin Counties – and the entire Gulf Coast area – since 1948. With this experience, we bring unparalleled knowledge of the area markets, and this knowledge translates to the best possible job fit for companies and employees. Plus, we offer a comprehensive suite of tools for your human resource needs, including payroll services and skills testing. We understand how inspiring it is to find a job that’s a perfect fit. And we understand the critical needs of employers to find quality people to meet their staffing needs – whether long-term or short-term. When it comes to recruiting and placement of long-term contract, temporary and direct hire employees, we know what works for you. Simply put, we offer jobs. Well done.
Let’s talk people...you can depend upon. Long’s Human Resource Services understands people. Serving Mobile since 1948!