The graphic designer will be responsible for creating, modifying and producing brand-related graphic projects for Longhorn Lockers. This position will be responsible for creating and programming social media content on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, YouTube, Snapchat and more. The successful candidate will represent Longhorn Lockers be the voice of the brand across all channels, as well as devise, coordinate and execute multi-platform strategies for internal and external campaigns.
We are looking for a creative Graphic designer with up-to-date knowledge. You will work on a variety of projects, including social media graphics, website development etc. You will create engaging graphic, video and web content while staying up-to-date on the latest marketing technologies, trends and social media platforms.
The Graphic Design, Web Development & photography position will help drive higher engagement and drive brand awareness by using creative and innovative graphics, stop motion design and video content for our web and social media platforms. Platforms may include, but not limited to landing pages, email marketing, online ads, social media visuals, creation of all digital aspects such as facebook ads, video ads, retargeting ads, google adwords, etc.
What you will do:
· Manage company's day-to-day social media content and activities for all of the team’s social platforms.
· Maintain brand presence on existing social media networks, including content and visual updates as needed.
· Provide custom graphics per individual team we work with, including news posts, video clips, GIFs and more.
· Directly engage with High Schools, Universities and Pro Team there Coaches, Staff, Media Members, influencers, partners and more via social media platforms, fostering relationships.
·Strategize and develop with VP & CEO effective social campaigns for internal and third-party initiatives, including High Schools, Universities and Pro Teams.
·Develop concepts and design a variety of marketing projects including, but not limited to, social media, print, digital, web, signage, and promotion items continually develop original social-based editorial features such as themed Instagram Stories, Twitter Moments, Facebook Watch episodic content, slideshows, locker and locker room photography, etc.
·Knowledge and execution of Studio Photography. (DSLR)
·Creative athletic Stop Motion Design is a must
· Interest in the Sports Industry is a plus
· Ability to take a project from concept through completion of finished piece.
· Support and proactively ideate for new emerging features on existing platforms.
· Perform content moderation duties for High Schools, Universities and Pro Team content, ensuring that the content is exceeding NCAA & Pro standards.
· Basic knowledge of printing and fulfillment processes, design principles, web design, photography and video production concepts. Basic knowledge of HTML and CSS if not (must learn)
· Monitor activity and social chatter for potential news.
· Keep current with Longhorn Lockers news, current teams and potential teams
· Remain informed and familiar with social/digital content trends.
· Track analytics and use data to make informed strategy suggestions.
· ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE POSITION INCLUDE the above, BUT ARE NOT LIMITED TO
· may Perform other duties as assigned.
· Passion for emerging media trends and technology, including social platforms.
· Passion for pop culture.
· Expertise in paid social media campaigns and execution.
· Experience with social media content management systems.
· Well Versed in graphic design, communications or related field. Graphic Degree, Interaction Design, or an equivalent degree preferred, Communication and/or Journalism a plus
· At least one year of professional experience; sports industry experience is a plus
· Must possess strong phone skills and etiquette.
· Proficient with Mac/PC and the Adobe Creative Suite
· Experience with Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Indesign, Photoshop, Illustrator, Lightroom, Dream Weaver
· Knowledge of design elements, artistic ability, and creativity are essential
· Ability to multi-task and work under tight deadlines
· Spanish, speaking and writing, is a plus
· May be assigned to travel, which may include evening, weekends, and holidays