IT Program Manager
Longenecker & Associates Los Alamos, NM
- Posted: over a month ago
Manages and ensures the timely completion of multi- discipline information technology (IT) projects of various levels of complexity and scope. Uses speciﬁc knowledge about one or more areas of Project Management to research, plan, communicate and achieve IT objectives through a project team. Oversees and directs the project aspects of the team while the software developers plan, track and execute the technical side of project plans from start to completion. Recommends changes to improve project management process and to produce cost and time eﬀective delivery of projects.
Has wide-ranging experience, uses professional concepts and company objectives to resolve complex issues in creative and eﬀective ways. Frequently contributes to the development and/or implementation of new technical standards and methods. Considered an expert in the ﬁeld. Develops resolutions to complex problems that require the frequent use of creativity and where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors. Work is accomplished without considerable direction and/or coordinates activities of other personnel. Exerts signiﬁcant latitude in determining objectives of assignment, and determines the methods and procedures needed for new assignments.
Essential Duties/Responsibilities (may include, but are not limited to)
· Lead and implement change initiatives related to business processes and technologies.
· Drive adoption and proﬁciency of changes within the organization in compliance with client’s Change Management methodologies.
· Develop project strategies and plans, including stakeholder assessment, communications, leadership alignment, organization transition, change readiness. capability transfer, and end-user training.
· Oversee team execution in accordance with project plans, tools, and methods, and support resource planning and acquisition.
· Develop short and long- term goals, KPIs, and objectives, and develop and execute against annual operational plan.
· Lead/facilitate meetings with client to ensure an understanding of the current company culture, and jointly develop a change adoption plan.
· Provide direct support and coaching to front-line managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through transitions.
· Facilitate change management activities with cross-functional team members and stakeholders to understand and ensure adoption of the Enterprise Business Transformation.
· Coordinate work streams across multiple technology teams and functional areas.
· Formulate a point of view on how proposed features align with business goals and institutions technical strategy.
· Must have the ability to obtain a Q-level DOE security clearance
· Bachelor’s Degree and/or post Graduate Degree
· At least 8 years of relevant experience
· Must be a U.S. Citizen; dual citizenship is not allowed.
Education and Experience Required
· Bachelor’s Degree and/or post Graduate Degree
· Expert-level knowledge of and consultative experience in all aspects of project management, including deﬁning program work scope, schedules, budgets, priorities, and performance milestones; developing cost, scope, and schedule baselines; reporting cost and schedule variance; managing change control, and managing risk.
· Expert-level understanding of change management concepts.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including the ability to target communications up, down, and across the organization and to internal/external partners
· Systems thinking and a strong sense of ownership to drive complex programs with interdependencies that require deﬁnition from the ground up.
· First-rate project management skills, including the ability to balance multiple, sometimes competing, priorities with date-driven timelines and a solid understanding of risk management.
· Emotional intelligence to lead through inﬂuence, while building a culture of teamwork and inclusiveness. Technical aptitude to work closely with software engineers. Experience with agile software development methodologies and practices.
· Analytical skills to dive into usage data and performance metrics.
Physical Requirements and Working Conditions
Individuals must be able to perform the essential functions of the job with or without reasonable accommodation. This job description reflects management’s assignment of essential functions, and nothing in this herein restricts management’s right to assign or reassign duties and responsibilities to this job at any time. The position will be onsite at Los Alamos National Laboratory. As a condition of employment with L&A, you are expected to adhere to all customer site safety protocols and procedures including, but not limited to, all requirements relating to COVID safety such as social distancing, wearing of masks and mandatory vaccination.
L&A is an Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of their race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, or status as a qualified individual with a disability or protected veteran.
Longenecker & Associates
AddressLos Alamos, NM
TechnologyView all jobs at Longenecker & Associates