Long Island State Veterans Home Stony Brook, NY
- Expired: May 22, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
At the Long Island State Veterans Home, our Registered Nurses are critical members of the team who diagnose and treat responses to actual or potential health problems by means of nursing methods and techniques such as case finding, health teaching and counseling. Incumbents provide care supportive to and restorative of health and well-being, while adhering to a medical regimen.
The Long Island State Veterans Home operates on a biweekly payroll system. The work schedules begin on Thursday and end on Wednesday of each week.
Duties of a Registered Nurse may include the following but are not limited to:
- Assess the daily needs of the residents and assign the appropriate staff to meet the nursing care needs of residents on more than one unit on assigned shift.
- Supervise and evaluate the effectiveness of the nursing care provided to the resident on the assigned shift.
- Document and update the nursing care plan regarding all changes and needs of the residents.
- Communicate effectively and respond appropriately to issues and concerns of residents and families.
- Initiate and participate in residents/family educational programs.
- Effectively communicate with nursing supervisor and nursing staff all pertinent data and information relevant to nursing resident care.
- Participate in clinical in-service for nursing staff, including the certification of nursing assistants, orientation of nursing employees and skill development consistent with the needs of the residents on the assigned shift.
- Work closely with the nurse manager in the counseling and evaluation of nursing employees assigned to the nursing unit on the assigned shift.
- Act as a professional role model for staff and nursing students assigned to the nursing unit.
- Actively participate in the development and evaluation of standards of nursing practice and the quality of nursing care provided to the residents including participation in quality assurance studies.
- Demonstrate proficiency in providing nursing care for residents with complex care needs.
- Oversee nursing staff to determine resident assignment and unit concerns.
- Demonstrate outcomes in working effectively with physician and other interdisciplinary team.
- Display leadership in identifying, assessing, and evaluating unit concerns in order to improve clinical status of residents.
Registered Nurse I
NYS Registered Nurse License.
Long Term Care experience. Experience using EMR. Clinical practice experiences working with an adult or aging population in a clinical setting. Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills. Strong communication skills.
Registered Nurse II
NYS Registered Nurse License. One year of post-licensure Registered Nurse clinical experience.
Long Term Care and Healthcare experience. Experience using EMR. Clinical practice experiences working with an adult or aging population in a clinical setting. Strong problem solving and critical thinking skills. Strong communication skills.
For more information and to apply:
Long Island State Veterans Home
AddressStony Brook, NY
HealthcareView all jobs at Long Island State Veterans Home