Certified Nursing Assistant
Long Island State Veterans Home Stony Brook, NY
- Expired: May 22, 2021. Applications are no longer accepted.
At the Long Island State Veterans Home, our Certified Nursing Assistants are valuable members of our team, who provide high quality and compassionate care to our residents, with the highest degree of integrity and respect. Under the supervision of a RN/LPN, Certified Nursing Assistants have frequent interactions with the residents for the purpose of providing activities of daily living.
Qualified candidates must demonstrate excellent communication skills, interpersonal skills, knowledge and understanding of resident care and effectively respond to the needs of our residents by making decisions based on ethical principles and by adhering to our Mission, Vision and Values.
Description of duties of a Certified Nursing Assistant include but are not limited to:
- Attend to daily living activities, personal, hygienic, and simple human needs in order to maintain in the clinical facility an atmosphere conducive to treatment and comfortable for residents in care.
- As directed by professional staff, moves, positions, lifts and transports residents in care using a variety of lifts and other aids in order to make them more comfortable, to prepare them for treatment and to deliver them to appropriate treatment facilities.
- Talk and listen to residents in care and respond by encouraging them to cooperate and participate in treatment activities in order to help them achieve attitudes conducive to treatment and rehabilitation.
- Transport resident and supplies on occasion.
- Maintain residents in-care rights, dignity, and confidentiality.
- On occasion and in conjunction with providing care, may perform a variety of housekeeping and cleaning duties as related to direct care in order to assure that the clinical facility is clean, sanitary, orderly, and properly supplied.
- Participate in required quarterly in-service education to maintain certification and meet all necessary requirements to be re-certified every two years.
NYS Nurse Aide Certification.
One year of healthcare experience. One year of long term care experience. Excellent computer skills. Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
For more information and to apply, visit:
Long Island State Veterans Home
AddressStony Brook, NY
HealthcareView all jobs at Long Island State Veterans Home