Dry Frozen Manager
LoneStar Staffing Irving, TX
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Job Purpose: Supervise the day-to-day activities of receiving operations of the freezer distribution center. The supervisor directs teams of
employees to meet the safety, quality, and productivity goals of the freezer operation. The supervisor also works to improve and
maintain the sanitation processes of the facility as well as working to improve customer satisfaction by increasing service levels, such
as fill rates and on time shipments, while assisting the Departmental and the Operations Managers as needed.
To provide managerial and operational support for the orderly control of Dry department functions as dictated by various
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Operations:
- Ensure housekeeping and cleanliness of all freezer work areas. Ensure products are placed in the proper receptacles. Ensure dock areas, outside dock areas, aisles, break areas, bathrooms, and shipping offices are organized, clean, free of debris, and in good working condition.
- Effectively schedule allotted staff to cover all departments over a 7-day workweek. Control overtime, as well as direct and indirect labor costs in the freezer environment.
- Establish and hold daily departmental start-up meetings to communicate daily volumes, establish expectations, and freezer safety topics.
-½ hour prior to shift prepares for the shift turnover meeting and reviews the following:
- Inspects the warehouse freezer work areas to ensure that all environmental conditions are safe.
- Verifies outbound and inbound volumes for the day.
- Reviews all HOT receiving/shipping statuses as needed.
- Reviews the remaining carry over work that needs to be completed, call offs, and scheduled over time. - Ensure all safety policies are followed and training is completed as required.
- Ensure all products are received and put away properly.
- Implement auditing procedures as needed.
- Coordinate with yardmen to ensure proper trailers are backed in for the outbound loading process.
- Communicate with transportation the status of loads and any expected delays in meeting required completion times.
- Supervises the implementation of new company policies and procedures.
- Work closely with staff to insure that quality and productivity requirements are maintained and communicated to each associate
- Supervise and control indirect time.
- Review all warehouse paperwork including BOL’s and other inbound and outbound documents to ensure compliance with company operational procedures. This includes Gold system entries to further ensure accuracy.
- Ensure all overhead doors are locked at the end of the shift.
- Research and assist the Operations Manager and the Department Manager in responding to “mis-ship” complaints from the customer.
- Review and validate daily and weekly timesheets for payroll purposes
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manages and coordinates activities of the supervisors and/or associates in Dry department.
- Support the Operations Manager by assisting in the design and implementation of the work schedules for their departments.
- Recommend personnel actions such as hiring, retention, promotion, transfer or dismissal of workers.
- Assigns duties to workers and schedules break periods, work hours and vacations. Schedules and performs periodic evaluations of Dry
department employees as dictated by the appropriate HR policies.
- Trains supervisors and associates in warehouse policies, departmental procedures, and job duties. Orders supplies and equipment as needed.
- Manages the recording of deliveries and shipments into the system.
- Manages the investigation of all reports of discrepancies to control costs and maintain correct inventory levels.
- Prepares reports as needed by Admin and General Manager.
- Ensures that all state, federal, and OSHA regulations pertaining to the warehouse are followed
- Listens to customer complaints, examines discrepancy reports, and resolves problems to restore and promote good public relations with the
- Approves timecards, time off requests, and all other employee requests.
- Overall responsibility for the management of good sanitation practices throughout the entire warehouse.
- Must be flexible and able to work any shift in support of business needs.
- Assure accuracy and efficiency in receiving, storage and shipping of quality merchandise utilizing Freezer Warehouse Audit Reports and
performing daily visual checks.
- Work closely with Customer Service and Inventory Control, to maintain quality levels and to communicate operational as well as inventory issues.
- Control In-house damage costs through associate awareness and discipline programs.
- Monitor work of all of the Freezer Warehouse Operational Staff.
- Evaluate the work of associates through performance appraisals and
observations and assist, as necessary, in helping to improve performance.
- Be involved in monthly safety meetings and follow up to minimize hazards.
- Support proper performance by implementing corrective actions as needed.
- Insure compliance with all company policies and procedures.
- Review and update timesheets daily for assigned employee’s payroll reports.
- Develop Lead Freezer Warehouse Associates and all direct reports to maximize their ability and help achieve their career goals.
- Assist in the management of the Freezer Warehouse cost per case, fill- rate, on- time shipment schedule, and the OSHA Recordable Injury rates.
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned.
- Fill rate targets and cost per case expenses.
- 100% on time schedules for inbound and outbound, shipping and receiving functions, of the warehouse.
- Attainment of departmental and personal goals set with the manager
- OSHA Recordable Accident Rate
- Other Department Specific Measurements
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to be a self-initiator who can implement and manage all operational programs as directed by Admin and the Operations Manager.
- High level of computer and WMS system literacy.
- Some college level training is preferred but not necessary so long as there is experience in warehouse supervision and some experience in the wholesale industry preferred.
Lone Star Staffing is the driving force and parent company to six subsidiary brands that focus on recruiting, attracting and hiring top talent for an impressive array of Nationally recognized companies throughout the US.
Our mission is to provide our associates and clientele with the highest level customer service experience possible. Our philosophy and dedication to excellence has allowed us to build and retain long-lasting business partnerships.
Visit us on line or call to learn more about becoming an Associate or Client partner today!
Lone Star Staffing is a fast growing Staffing and Human Resources Solutions provider with a presence throughout the West Coast, the North East and the Mid-West down to Texas. Lone Star Staffing is the driving force and parent company to six subsidiary brands that focus on recruiting, attracting and hiring top talent for an impressive array of Nationally recognized companies throughout the US. Our mission is to provide our associates and clientele with the highest level customer service experience possible. Our philosophy and dedication to excellence has allowed us to build and retain long-lasting business partnerships. Visit us on line or call to learn more about becoming an Associate or Client partner today!
HealthcareView all jobs at LoneStar Staffing