- Posted: over a month ago
Why Loll Designs?
At Loll, we enhance people, the planet and our company in everything we do. Based in Duluth, MN, Loll Designs is a designer/manufacturer of modern durable, all-weather, outdoor furniture and accessories made with recycled plastic. Using thoughtful, original designs and unique materials, Loll creates innovative, fun and high quality products proudly crafted in the USA.
Benefits we offer our team members:
- Competitive Pay
- Profit Sharing/Quarterly Bonus
- Tuition Reimbursement for continuing education
- Health Insurance (medical/dental/vision) eligible on first day
- Life Insurance
- 401k Match plus profit sharing
- Company paid short term & long term disability
- Vacation/Holiday Pay
- Fun Company-wide Activities
As a member of the Landscape Forms/Loll Designs IT team, this position is responsible for the global support of systems, which includes both internal and external access, ensuring the functionality of the system company wide. Functionality includes the overall maintenance of current systems, assistance with the long-range planning strategy for future systems, and development of additional software to support existing systems. This position is responsible for gathering requirements from end users and customizing or building software to meet those business requirements. Projects will be assigned at different geographical locations as necessary.
Principal Responsibilities (Other duties may be assigned)
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each responsibility satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
1. Developing and updating custom programs using Visual Studio (C# or VB.NET) to support various company roles.
2. Integrating existing software programs to match business processes.
3. Project management for new application installation and implementation
4. Develop custom reports and programs for "information mining" of company data.
5. Integrate into back-end databases
6. Responsible for vendor relations of support systems
7. Assist with the development of corporate Information Systems strategy
8. Helps to facilitate, coordinate, and develop long-range strategies, goals, and objectives for the IT department
9. Software license/version/upgrade management for company-wide applications.
10. Helps identify and implement best practices as they relate to application development in existing and future development projects
11. Research and experiments with innovative technologies, software, and methodologies to drive company innovation
12. Experience in SSIS is a plus
Criteria for Success (OnTRAC; Organizational Success, Trust, Respect, Accountability, Competence)
Must have a history of problem solving and providing great customer service. Must have the desire to learn, continuously improve and be willing to accept responsibility. Must be able to work individually, or as a member of a team, use common sense and build a network of relationships with a positive attitude. Must have the ability to communicate with people from all departments and technology skill levels and be able to translate business requirements into software applications.
Formal education in a related field and/or equivalent experience or equivalent training, preferably a bachelor's degree in computer science, information technology, or a similar field. This person should have a high level of energy, the ability to work independently with an interest in continuous learning and creative problem solving. A minimum of 1-2 years of experience.
This person must possess a high level of written and verbal communication with a variety of audiences. Must have the ability to give clear instruction to both technical and non-technical disciplines. This individual should be able to adjust priorities on the fly while keeping the big picture in focus and be able to implement solutions that will drive the innovation of the organization.
Physical Requirements and Work Environment
The environment is mostly office but may include a shop environment that is noisy and dirty. Reasonable accommodations may be made for individuals with disabilities to perform the principal accountabilities.
TechnologyView all jobs at Loll Designs