Position Title: Health Care Provider (NP/PA)
Job Summary: Practitioners will travel to various military bases to provide Physical Health Assessments to military personnel, which includes reviewing the PHA form, Functional Capacity Certificate, and any medical records the Service Member brings to the event. Practitioners will also interview Service Members to provide additional details as to the status of current and past medical issues, and a very brief focused exam may be required. Practitioners may identify current health risks, provide brief counseling, provide documentation on the 2766 in Service Member’s medical record, or recommend appropriate referral information.
This is a PRN/per diem position occurring mainly on weekends (approx. 1-3 events every 3 months) and if brought into our practitioner network you would be able to sign up for events that best fit your schedule. The position is part of the RHRP (Reserve Health Readiness Program) contract to assist service member in your local community.
Education/Qualifications: Qualified Nurse Practitioner candidates will possess a Master’s degree, and qualified Physician Assistants will possess a Master’s degree or successful completion of an approved PA program.
- Qualified candidates must hold an active license and have primary care experience
- Must be able to work independently, have good interpersonal skills and work as part of a team, while being flexible and adaptable to changing situations
- Need to have basic computer knowledge and skills
- Candidates must possess the ability to adapt to different, stressful environments
- Must be able to work long hours that require active movement on a continual basis
- Possibly administer and transport vaccinations
*Knowledge of Military procedures and protocols, databases, and acronyms is preferred.
LHI is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.