Quality Assurance Engineer – Mobile/Automation Tester
The Quality Assurance Engineer III is responsible for the test design, execution and reporting of software solutions for LogistiCare. While a member of the Quality Assurance Engineering Team reporting to the QA Engineering Director, the position is also a member of a broader agile technical team including developers, product and project managers. The role will work closely with the team to confirm the requirements are fully defined and meet business needs. The role will apply proven communication, analytical and problem-solving skills to test and certify the technical deliverables using a repeatable SDLC that ensures both quality and efficiency. The ideal candidate is adept at requirements review (functional completeness, testability, compatibility, performance/load, reliability, accessibility, non-functional requirements, etc), test planning, test case design, test environment management, test data creation, test execution (both manual and automated for GUI, API, DB and mobile), defect reporting/management and test results reporting including metrics.
The Engineer will verify that the system under test meets all requirements (including creating a requirements traceability matrix) and company standards. The Engineer will document all test results (audits are possible) and create test summary reports and metrics. Furthermore, the Engineer will work with developers to troubleshoot issues and recreate/resolve defects as needed. In support of all SDLC life cycle phases, the Engineer must work with customers, trading partners, business analysts, software and integration developers, project managers and computer operator technicians. The Engineer will also help maintain test environments including configuration management, coordinating deploys and creating test data. The Quality Assurance Engineer must have a sense of urgency, attention to detail (as well as big picture view), work well with others, be very organized, ability to multi-task quality focused, excellent communicator (both written and verbal), be responsive to all stakeholders, quality driven as well as operate efficiently and effectively in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Gain an in-depth understanding of both the technical and functional aspects of the business applications and product functionality to lead in the development, implementation, and evaluation of test strategies.
- Analyze documented requirements to ensure accuracy and completeness as well as testability, compatibility, performance/load, reliability, accessibility, non-functional requirements, etc).
- Formulate and document test plans, test cases and test summary reports/metrics.
- Lead hands on test execution (both manual and automated) for GUI (web, client/server, mobile - Android & iOS), API, database, performance/load, compatibility, usability, accessibility and reliability.
- Adhere and ensure compliance with company and quality standards/best practices.
- Identify, document and facilitate the resolution/troubleshooting/recreating of defects.
- Manage test environment including test data creation, configuration management and deployment coordination.
- Drive quality and lead the implementation of company automated test frameworks and solutions within assigned agile team as well as the greater organization.
- Define, manage and meet project schedules; prioritize and work multiple tasks across multiple projects.
- Operate with a sense of urgency and quality driven.
- Work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision as well as part of a Team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment including likely process and technology changes.
- Must be detail oriented yet able to also keep in mind the big picture.
- Mentor team members.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science or equivalent work experience or a similar technical degree.
- 5 - 8 years of experience as a hands on quality assurance engineer using both manual and automated testing methods for GUIs, APIs, DBs and mobile
- Strong understanding of QA methodologies (theory and hands-on), procedures, tools, documentation and best practices.
- Experienced in independently designing, planning, executing, documenting and reporting on requirement-based tests.
- Management and usage experience with defect tracking, configuration management, test case management, automated testing tools and load/performance test tools.
- Excellent time management, organization and communication (written & oral) skills.
- Additional technical skills required: SQL, test management tool, load/performance test tools.
- Additional technical skills preferred: Python, Selenium, Test Rail, gitLab, Python Django, JIRA, Zephyr, Postman, SauceLabs, .Net, JAVA, JMeter, SmartBear, DataDog.
Additionally, for the MOBILE QA candidate:
- 3 - 5 years of experience as a hands on MOBILE quality assurance engineer using both manual and automated testing methods for both iOS and Android devices.
- Additional technical skills required: xCode, iOS, Android.
- Additional technical skills preferred: Appium, Selenium (Python for Selenium), React and/or React Native.
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Entire work time is conducted in an office environment in a controlled atmosphere building.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
LogistiCare SolutionsLogistiCare is the nation's leading managed healthcare organization specializing in the management of healthcare transportation benefits. LogistiCare’s client base consists of state and local government agencies (Medicaid agencies, transit authorities, school boards), managed care organizations and hospitals. LogistiCare is not a provider of transportation vehicles (we do not physically own vehicles). Instead, LogistiCare manages a network of transportation providers and provides the administrative infrastructure to authorize services and provide billing and claims payment functionality allowing LogistiCare to offer a complete outsourcing solution to our clients.