As an essential member of the IT Service Management team, the Field Services Technician will be responsible for providing on-site and remote support for one or more of our LogistiCare contact centers. This role will assist in team collaboration with cross-functional team(s) and business stake holders, assisting management at the local sites on how to install and maintain company equipment, and responding to all other support requests for the location. Essential responsibilities of the role include: troubleshooting end user compute machines (thin clients, desktops and laptops), advising the customer on how to use the equipment, building relationships with customers, and creating reports of the customer service calls worked for the day. The Field Services Technician is always expected to maintain a high level of customer service in all interactions.
- Own the success and availability of local site(s) IT infrastructure and applications and ensures day to day resolutions of any issues
- Recommend, review, and implement process improvements to provide solutions that are more efficient for our customers
- Manage day-to-day tasks and small projects related to the site(s) you support reporting updates to upper management through the Service Now platform
- Report ongoing issues as problem tickets in ServiceNow platform
- Assist troubleshooting other teams to resolve IT issues or concerns
- Assist networking team in providing onsite assistance with networking equipment as needed
- Respond to support requests and track all updates within the ServiceNow platform
- Create and maintain knowledge base articles within the ServiceNow platform
- Provide exceptional customer service to all internal and external customers while following ITIL best practices
- Image and deploy workstations, thin clients, and laptops with defined standards
- Maintain a clean and organized server room and work area
- Respond to all network, server, and application outages
- Report network, server, and application outages is ServiceNow using the established procedures for Major Incidents
Note: This description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employee may be requested to perform other duties from time to time.
- Analytical Skills - Ability to use thinking and reasoning to solve a problem
- Communication, Oral - Ability to communicate effectively with others using the spoken word
- Communication, Written - Ability to communicate in writing clearly and concisely
- Customer Oriented - Ability to take care of the customers' needs while following company procedures
- Decision Making - Ability to make critical decisions while following company procedures
- Interpersonal - Ability to get along well with a variety of personalities and individuals
- Leadership - Ability to influence others to perform their jobs effectively and to be responsible for making decisions
- Problem Solving - Ability to find a solution for or to deal proactively with work-related problems
- Self-Motivated - Ability to be internally inspired to perform a task to the best of one's ability using his or her own drive or initiative
- Relationship Building - Ability to effectively build relationships with customers and co-workers
- Time Management - Ability to utilize the available time to organize and complete work within given deadlines
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or other related field; will consider specialized training or equivalent professional experience in lieu of degree
- ITIL v3 or v4 certification preferred
- 4+ years of experience in IT, preferably in field services
- 4+ years supporting end users compute equipment including iGel thin clients, desktops and laptops
- 4+ years supporting Windows 10 and Windows Server 2016/2019
- 4+ years in an enterprise IT environment following ITIL best practices and company policies
- 2+ years ServiceNow experience working within the ITSM module
SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Strong interpersonal skills, communication, leadership ability, teamwork and positive attitude
- Basic programming for control systems (PowerShell scripting)
- Familiarity with Service Now and basic usage within the ITSM platform
- PC literate, including knowledge of office productivity tools (MS Suite: Excel, Word, etc).
- Attention to detail
- Ability to work under pressure and handle stress
- Works well within a team environment as well as individually
- Must have excellent organizational and coordination skills
- Must demonstrate sound analytical skills
- The physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job
- Reasonable accommodations may enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions
- While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear
- The employee is frequently required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel
- The employee is occasionally required to stand, walk, and reach with hand and arms, and lift
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision
- The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job.
- Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Entire work time is conducted in an office environment in a controlled atmosphere building.
- The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
This job specification should not be construed to imply that these requirements are the exclusive standards of the position. Incumbents will follow any other instructions and perform other related duties as may be required by their supervisor.
LogistiCare is an Equal Opportunity Employer
LogistiCare SolutionsLogistiCare is the nation's leading managed healthcare organization specializing in the management of healthcare transportation benefits. LogistiCare’s client base consists of state and local government agencies (Medicaid agencies, transit authorities, school boards), managed care organizations and hospitals. LogistiCare is not a provider of transportation vehicles (we do not physically own vehicles). Instead, LogistiCare manages a network of transportation providers and provides the administrative infrastructure to authorize services and provide billing and claims payment functionality allowing LogistiCare to offer a complete outsourcing solution to our clients.