LogicMonitor is the leading SaaS-based performance monitoring platform for enterprise IT.
We are a company of fun-loving, hard-working achievers. We love going to work and think you should too. We hold our company culture near and dear - we are customer-obsessed, work as one team, and strive to be better every day. These are our core values. So it's no surprise that we work hard and genuinely have fun working with each other to achieve great things together.
You'll be working in the heart of downtown Santa Barbara, enjoying panoramic city and ocean views and an open floor plan with breakout rooms that encourage collaboration and innovation. When you join LogicMonitor, you'll be working alongside some of the brightest minds in one of the fastest growing global software firms. We are looking for you to bring your expertise, drive, and passion. This is your chance to join us on our journey as we expand our global presence and achieve record-breaking success.
What You'll Do:
The Staff Software Engineer on the Engineering team is responsible for the implementation, design, architecture and quality control of business integrations/general development within the customer-facing product application and internal tools used by development and technical operations. This includes troubleshooting bugs and implementing new features as requiredin existing backend applications; even building new components as needed. A successfulStaff Software Engineer will produce all required functionality in a timely manner and will communicate and work with colleagues to solve problems and improve the systems they work with. Furthermore, the Staff Software Engineershould have a strong understanding and knowledge level of the systems they are working with, to the point that they can help others on the team grow and develop.
Here's a closer look at this key role:
- Prioritize and plan for deliverables in an iterative development strategy, according to our 2 week scrum schedule & 1 week regression testing.
- Design, document, code, and test technical solution for new systems or enhancements to existing systems.
- Follow agile software development methodologies for implementation.
- Working with various teams in LogicMonitor to deliver software products that support LogicMonitor's business growth.
- Provides technical leadership mentoring and guidance at all organizational levels. Trusted to represent the team to other functional teams.
- Stimulates thought leadership in the development organization
- Coordination, Communication, and Collaboration between management, product, techops, support, developers
What You'll Need:
- Bachelor's degree or above in Computer Science or related field
- 8+ years of software development experience
- 6+ years of Java development
- 2+ years of experience with Apache Spark, Kafka Streams, Elasticsearch, or Machine Learning
- 2+ years of experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Strong understanding of AWS and databases
- Strong understanding of Linux file systems, memory management, and kernel
- Strong understanding of web application architectures, specifically Apache Tomcat