Housed in the stately limestone building that was once home to the city's police headquarters, Loews Boston Hotel offers an unforgettable blend of historic charm, sophistication and authentic New England style. Welcome to Boston's Badge of Hospitality.
We seek a PT Front Desk Agent to work Saturdays & Sundays at Loews Boston Hotel, a four diamond hotel located in Back Bay, just minutes from Back Bay Station.
Candidates must be flexible to work a variety of shifts on both Saturday and Sunday.
- Ensures ease of guest check-in by inputting wholesale, group and VIP reservations thoroughly and accurately by timeliness in confirmation response (24 hour turnaround-Wholesale/3 hour turnaround-VIP)
- Ensures appropriate billing information is placed on necessary reservations to ensure the ease of guest check-in and check-out
- Maintains a 90% call service level on all calls incoming through the switchboard
- Reserves complimentary certificate and team member reservations
- Assists group guests as they call for information or changes
- Maintains updated confirmation of reservations on designated e-commerce accounts.
- Completes the sale and delivery of gift certificates
- Completes reports as assigned.
- Troubleshoots any reservation challenges that may arise until a resolution is found
- Maintains a prompt response on all Preferred Desk Voicemail, email and fax.
- Maintains accurate and organized group, wholesale and VIP files.
- Maintains accurate reference information for the reservations staff (ie: non-allotment wholesale availability calendar)
- Maintains a neat and organized reservations office
- Maintains reservations office supply pars
- Maintains positive and strong relationships with wholesalers, groups, and any additionalmeans of business contacts that are encountered
- Maintains an open line of communication with hotel reservations office, revenue management and CRO.
- Process and file credit card authorizations
- Completes daily cancellation, deposit required, virtual suite, and OTA reports
- Maintains an average shop score of 80% or higher
- Maintains an average available phone time of 80% or higher
- Other duties as assigned
- Promotes and applies teamwork skills at all times
- Notifies appropriate individual promptly and fully of problems and/or unusual matters
- Is polite, friendly, and helpful to guests, management and fellow employees
- Executes emergency procedures in accordance with hotel standards
- Complies with required safety regulations and procedures
- Attends appropriate hotel meetings and training sessions
- Maintains cleanliness and excellent condition of equipment and work area
- Complies with hotel standards, policies and rules
- Recycles whenever possible
- Remains current with hotel information and changes
- Complies with hotel uniform and grooming standard