Loenbro is looking for an exceptional Network Administrator to join our team. We are looking for highly motivated, career minded, experienced Network Administrator to monitor and support daily network operations on both wired and wireless networks.
This position will configure and maintain network equipment, including but not limited to Juniper switches, Dell SonicWall routers, Ubiquiti wireless controllers and & access points and Cradlepoint routers.
You will organize, maintain and ensure availability of stock networking hardware, cabling, tools, etc.
This position will require travel at times to support other Loenbro locations. This is a full-time permanent position in Great Falls, MT. Competitive wage DOE with benefit package. Relocation assistance available.
- Monitors and supports daily network operations, on both wired and wireless networks.
- Continuously monitors, using SolarWinds and/or other tools, network functionality and responds promptly and appropriately to outage notifications.
- Configures and maintains network equipment, including but not limited to, Juniper switches, Dell SonicWall routers, Ubiquiti wireless controllers & access points, and Cradlepoint routers.
- Provides mentoring, supervision, guidance, and instruction to junior staff members.
- Performs physical installation of network cabling and associated equipment, which will include punching down wires, terminating jacks, crimping ends on Cat5/5e/6/6a cables, mounting access points and similar equipment.
- Manages/troubleshoots VOIP phone system.
- Provides troubleshooting and resolution of general network issues. Provides level 2 & 3 support with networking related issues.
- Plans, develops, tests, implements, and documents new hardware as well as enhancements to the existing hardware for the physical and data security systems that comprise the campus network.
- Serves as a leading contributor in the planning, development, testing, and implementation of new solutions as well as enhancements to the existing infrastructure for the systems related to the area of networking.
- Participates in the planning and development of projects and applications throughout the company that require network involvement, experience and/or integration.
- Provides detailed training and instruction for the transfer of procedures and knowledge to other IT staff.
- Organizes and maintains informational and procedural documentation for the network environment.
- Maintains supportive, professional relationships with end users by providing courteous, responsive service.
- Stays up to date with current trends and developments in networking, information security and telecommunications.
- Collaborates with outside vendors and/or contractors to plan, support, troubleshoot and/or implement the technology that makes up the network.
- Utilizes Cherwell to track ticket entries, progress and resolution; for project updates and time tracking; and change management requests.
- Organizes, maintains and ensures availability of stock networking hardware, cabling, tools, labels, etc.
- Ensures the asset management database for the networking team remains accurate and up to date.
- Assumes other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent combination of education and/or experience
- 2 years’ experience working in a networking related position
- Familiarity of the IP protocol suite, including the Physical, Data Link and Network layers
- Demonstrated experience in troubleshooting and creative problem solving
- Demonstrated experience with physical (layer 1) networking, for instance: Installing network racks and/or cable tray; cable termination (RJ45 ends, jacks and/or punch-down blocks); routing copper & fiber optic cables through cable management systems, uplinking devices such as wireless access points and network switches
- Demonstrated experience with the Junos OS
- Experience installing and configuring wireless solutions
- Experience racking and cabling networking equipment
- Solid understanding of and experience with wireless networking fundamentals, for instance: protocols, authentication types, radio frequencies, etc.
- A self-starter with the ability to fulfill a variety of functions without direct supervision in a dynamic and demanding environment
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills
- Administrative experience with Unix-like, Windows, or Macintosh operating systems
- Willingness to travel up to 30% of the time
- Bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- CCENT, CCNA or similar certifications
- Familiarity with Ubiquiti wireless networking equipment
- Familiarity with SonicWall firewalls
- Familiarity with VOIP and associated protocols
- Familiarity with network monitoring tools
- Ability to climb ladders and perform over-head work
- Ability to work in confined spaces
- Ability to lift moderate loads (~30lbs) unassisted, heavier loads (~70lbs) with assistance
- May be sometimes required to work in areas that are not temperature controlled
- May need to work in areas under construction and/or dusty locations
- Health Insurance- 75% of the Employee portion paid after 60 day waiting period
- Health Savings Account (HSA) optional enrollment
- Paid Vacation
- 401k after 90 days of employment with a company match up to 4%
- Employee paid Dental and Vision Insurance
We are “Leading the Change” in the energy services industry. Our growth and successes have not changed who we are. We live our core values every day:
WE TAKE ACTION
WE DO WHAT WE SAY
WE LEAD BY EXAMPLE
WE DO THE RIGHT THING
WE PRACTICE STEWARDSHIP
*Loenbro is an Equal Opportunity Employer.