Join a family business that’s as compassionate about our employees as we are about our customers.
Lodging Econometrics (LE), the global leader of hotel real estate intelligence, is seeking an experienced human resources and bookkeeping candidate for our downtown Portsmouth, NH office. As the HR & Bookkeeping Manager, you will build relationships with the LE staff and be responsible for all HR-related tasks including processing payroll and administering benefits to recruiting and on-boarding new hires. In addition, you will be in charge of all bookkeeping duties, as well as providing consultation and guidance to the LE executive team.
- Process biweekly payroll for 45 employees using ADP Run; upload 401(k) payments and other pay-related reporting
- Execute A/R payment processing, A/P package prep for bookkeeping service, bank deposits, P&L, bank reconciliation and bookkeeping audits
- Respond to employee payroll and benefits-related questions, administer payroll changes, time and attendance policies, vacation and sick time
- Administer all employee benefits programs, including health, dental, vision and life insurance; STD, LTD and 401(k) plan. Handle annual renewals and plan enrollments/dis-enrollments
- Provide guidance to the executive team regarding employee-related issues, offer HR guidance to staff, maintain employee personnel records
- Maintain and update company policies and procedures to ensure ongoing federal and state compliance
- Define training and development programs for all employee levels to enhance staff skillsets
- Recruit for open positions, assist with interviewing, prepare offer letters, conduct on-boarding and orientation; process employee terminations and off-boarding
- Associates Degree or higher
- 2-4 years of experience in Human Resources
- Basic accounting and bookkeeping skills, including payroll, A/R, A/P, bank reconciliations, deposits, payment processing and invoicing
- Experience with recruiting, interviewing and on-boarding
- Demonstrate a high level of integrity, confidentiality and fairness with strong interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills
- Proactively address difficult situations based on company values and seek positive outcomes for both the organization and employees
- Strong organizational skills
- Well versed in employment law and other government compliance regulations
- Experience in administration of benefits, retirement, compensation and performance management
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Competence with ADP Run or similar payroll program
- Familiarity with database programs
- Competitive Salary
- Medical Insurance
- Dental & Vision Insurance
- STD, LTD & Life Insurance
- 401(k) Plan
- Ten Paid Holidays
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Discounted Movie Tickets
- Free Parking
Lodging Econometrics, Inc., is an equal opportunity employer in Portsmouth, NH, and was named the 2017 Family Business of the Year by the University of New Hampshire's Center for Family Enterprise.
If you meet the requirements above, are passionate about your work and ready to join a great team, please send a cover letter and resume.