- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
JOB SUMMARY: The Café Supervisor is responsible for the management of the café’s functions in the hotel’s continuing effort to deliver outstanding guest service and financial profitability.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Management of café personnel
- Service of hotel and walk-in guests for food and beverages during the hours of operation
- Maintain excellent service standards
- Development and Training of Café Personnel
- Inventory of café goods
- Café menu development including but not limited to coffee beverages, food menu, and pastries
- Ensuring freshness of goods and rotating stock in FIFO format
- Food and beverage ordering based on budget
- Opening and Closing Administrative Responsibility
- Cash Handling Responsibility
- Guest Review Follow Up
- Sales Projection compared to Hotel Occupancy
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- Strong Leadership and Teamwork abilities
- Communication both verbal and written
- Computer software skills
- Time management and problem-solving skills
REQUIRED/PREFERRED EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
- High School diploma/GED
- Café and Coffee Service experience is mandatory
- Management experience is preferred
- Proficient computer skills
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
Satisfactory criminal background screening required
This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to verbally communicate, listen, stand for long periods of time, ability to walk, kneel, stoop, bend, and lift up to 50 pounds.
EXPECTED HOURS OF WORK
This position requires variable hours based on the needs of the hotel including nights and weekends.
In accordance with all applicable local, state, and federal laws, Lodgco is committed to a policy of nondiscrimination and equal employment. This policy requires that all decisions involving hiring, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, training, discipline, and all other personnel practices and terms or conditions of employment will be made without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, disability, genetic information, height, weight, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation or any other protected characteristic under state, federal, or local law. Lodgco also prohibits retaliation against any employee because the employee has engaged in an activity that is protected under state, federal, or local law.
AddressGrand Rapids, MI
FoodView all jobs at Lodgco Hospitality