We are a fun and exciting risk prediction and data company. In order to meet an ever-increasing demand, we are looking to hire a Data Solutions Specialist with outstanding presenting/teaching/tech transfer skills, and strong statistics experience.
This position will work from our offices in Worcester, MA (read more about our fabulous location, below). Relocation assistance will be offered for the right out-of-area candidate.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Leading the technical presentation and teaching about our spatial data products to prospective customers via screen share, phone, and in person
- Conducting statistical evaluations of our products’ ability to predict and avoid claims and losses for fire, water, hail and crime
- Presenting evaluation results to prospective customers
- Sharing customer feedback with Data Science and Product teams
- Participating in creative brainstorming on product improvements, messaging improvements as an integral part of a creative team
- Providing product technical support post-sale
What’s in it For You:
- A casual, fun working environment, where you can be part of bringing some of the most ground-breaking predictive products to market, alongside a team that’s as passionate as you are about this stuff
- Help large and small businesses of all stripes make informed decisions by taking advantage of products that predict future opportunities and risks at any location – crime, fire, hail, water damage, investing futures, and more
- Be part of a team that ‘swarms’ and brainstorms to adjust data products to delight customers.
- Great work/life balance, with 40-45-hour work weeks the norm
- Competitive salary and great benefits (medical coverage, dental, vision, life, 401(k), 5 weeks paid personal time each year)
- Long-term stability with a venture-backed company that is profitable and experiencing strong growing
- Investors include the founders of MapQuest and CoreLogic
Required Skills & Experience:
- Graduate degree in geography (quantitative), economics, statistics, engineering or a related field (5+ years of experience can be used in place of graduate degree)
- Great teaching and public speaking skills
- Experience conducting statistical assessments and studies
- Likes working with people, great interpersonal intuition
- Mature in style, and professional in presentation/teaching demeaner
- Quick and eager learner, active creative problem solver
- Understanding of location data a very strong plus
- Ability to be detail oriented when needed
- Experience with GIS a plus
- Overlooking the beautiful historic Common in the center of Worcester, New England’s second largest city, in a modern office building. Office space is awash in views and light.
- National Public Radio recently said: “forget Oakland. Worcester, MA is the new ‘It’ location!”
- Yards away from commuter rail hub, highway, pubs, restaurants and coffee shops.
- 34,000 college students attend institutions in the city
- 5 miles in any direction and you are in quaint New England towns with nationally-ranked schools, historic charm, and great housing options (and we would know, we’re the experts!).
- Covered garage parking paid by our Company
Location, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer.
Tell us about yourself and why you would like to work with us! Email careers at locationinc dot com.