- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Title: Diesel Technician
Reporting to: Fleet Manager
Hours: Varied AM/PM shifts available
Rate: $25/hour - $35/hour based on qualifications and experience
Summary: Local Motion of Boston is seeking a full-time Diesel Technician to safely troubleshoot, diagnose, adjust, repair, and overhaul diesel engines for our busy transportation company. The Diesel Technician is responsible for servicing diesel engines and vehicles, specifically Local Motion buses and coaches. The Diesel Technician is also responsible for being well versed with the industry regulation and safety aspect of diesel engines and their functionality.Responsibilities:
- Routine servicing and overhauling of all diesel engines
- Inspecting the engines and detecting malfunctions
- Replacing engine parts and appropriately assembling the same
- Maintaining records of servicing and engine repairs
- Inspect and repair vehicles' engines, drivetrain, hydraulic, fuel, air, electrical, brakes and suspension
- Checking electrical systems and transmission parts and ensuring the smooth functions of the same
- Following all stipulated industry safety regulations and standards of working
- Complete service reports and other documentation in a timely manner
- Follow all company safety policies and procedures in order to maintain a safe and clean work environment
- Minimum 2+ years of Diesel Mechanic / Technician experience preferred
- Valid CDL and DOT Medical Card
- Familiarity with DOT and OSHA regulations and compliance
- ASE Certified preferred but not required
- Positive attitude and flexible personality, professional and friendly demeanor
- Strong communication and customer service skills
- Strong organizational skills and must be detail oriented
- Must be able to multi-task in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to work as part of a team, as well as independently
- Should have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to detect technical malfunctions in the machines.
- Sound understanding of using all repair tools, equipment and testing machinery.
Local Motion has the employee benefits that meet your real-life needs! Medical, dental and vision insurance are available to full-time employees on first day of hire. We also offer disability coverage, accident insurance, critical illness and a company-paid life insurance policy. Local Motion offers competitive wages, paid time off, a Fidelity 401k plan and an Employee Assistance Program to provide you with round the clock support. We provide opportunities for career development and in-house training with our qualified Safety and Training Department. We offer a relaxed, family environment. At Local Motion of Boston, you know that you are appreciated because we believe our team is our most important asset!About Local Motion of Boston:
Local Motion of Boston is your locally owned group transportation expert, having provided over 25 years of safe and dependable charter bus, shuttle bus, corporate transportation and school bus service throughout Greater Boston and New England. Since the beginning of Local Motion, we have always designed our fleet of vans, buses, and motor coaches around the needs of our customers and how to serve them best. We provide a wide range of group transportation needs so whether it is a small corporate outing of twenty people to a conference center or wedding, Local Motion has the equipment to support the demand in just the right way!
Our reputation is built around the exemplary service that our drivers and administrative staff provide to our customers. We choose to hire people that meet our high standards. We know that if we hire the right person, we can train for the job. If you're looking to make an inspiring career change for yourself, come join our team and start driving toward a brighter future. Apply today at Local Motion of Boston'Group Transportation with The Local Experts.
Local Motion of Boston is an Equal Opportunity Employer and proud of it!
Local Motion of Boston
AutomotiveView all jobs at Local Motion of Boston