POSITION TITLE: Sales Associate
REPORTS TO: Store Manager/Assistant Manager
The primary purpose of the Sales Associate is to provide outstanding customer service. This is the most important function of the Sales Associate position. Other functions include supporting the basic operations of the store, such as assisting in teamwork to meet the store appearance goals.
This position will be responsible for giving customer service to all customers, complying with company policies and procedures and assisting the Store Manager and the Assistant Manager with basic store operations. The Sales Associate will help promote the policies and procedures of the company including, but not limited to, our Core Values, keeping up the store appearance and making the shopping experience for our customers as convenient and pleasant as possible.
· Customer Service: including greeting the customers when they enter the store, suggestive selling, counting back change, and closing the sale with thank you and an offer to return soon.
· Complete money orders, PaySpot transactions, utility payments, etc.
· To be knowledgeable and accurate in the operations of the cash register including all policies and procedures supporting loss prevention, lottery, money orders, PaySpot and Western Union.
· Ability to know and perform the procedures to be followed in the coffee area, fountain area, restrooms, food service area, coolers, sales floor and parking lot.
· Assist with questions and problems courteously and promptly.
· Obtains and conveys information as needed.
· Maintains and projects the company’s professional reputation.
· Other duties as assigned.
· Customer service abilities
· Representation of the Core Values: Honesty, Integrity, Loyalty, Customer Service
· Ability to keep drive-offs to a minimum / follow loss prevention policies
· Helping the store achieve high inspection scores by helping to keep the store clean and organized.
· Suggestive selling
· Over / short with register
· Following the dress code
· Working well with fellow employees
· Completion of daily counts
· Maintaining the company’s professional reputation
· All other duties are handled properly
· High School Diploma / G.E.D.
· Able to perform basic math; literate
· Customer and personal service
· English language
Skills / Abilities:
· Accurate and attentive to detail
· Excellent communication and public relations abilities
· Ability to assist and support others
· Ability to run POS and kitchen equipment
· Ability to developing specific goals and plans to prioritize, organize and accomplish work
Physical and Mental Activities and Requirements:
· Finger dexterity: using primarily just the fingers to make small movements such as typing, picking up small objects, or pinching fingers together.
· Repetitive motions: movements frequently and regularly using the wrists, hands and/or fingers.
· Physical strength/stamina: able to stand for long periods of time; able to lift 50 pounds.
· Speaking: especially where one must frequently convey detailed or important instructions or ideas accurately, loudly or quickly.
· Hearing: able to hear average or normal conversations and receive ordinary information.
· Sight: able to see well enough to prepare or inspect documents or products or operate machinery.
· Reasoning ability: ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out detailed and involved instructions and to deal with problems involving multiple variables.