GREAT JOB - ASSISTED LIVING RESIDENT AIDE
JOB SUMMARY: Under direct supervision of Administrator/Designee provides for direct care assistance of residents requiring assistance or supervision in the activities of daily living such as personal grooming, dressing, and assistance with medications.
POSITION REQUIREMENTS: High School Graduate or equivalent preferred. Must be 18 years of age. Must be able to read, write, speak and follow oral and written instructions. Must have excellent communication skills. Must be able to demonstrate competence in certain areas of training, i.e., CPR, Basic First Aid. Must have genuine interest in Senior Adult care. Experience in health care field desirable. Enthusiastic, self-starter, good decision making skills and ability to react to situations. Attend and participate in required training sessions and department staff meetings. Report to work on time and on a regular basis.
PHYSICAL DEMANDS: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is occasionally required to stand; sit; walk; use hands to finger; reach with arms and hands; stoop; kneel; crouch; crawl; pivot; twist; turn; talk or hear; taste or smell. Must be able to lift, push and/or move at least 50 pounds in order to assist in life skills, such as bathing, physical rescue, and wheel chair assistance. Specific vision abilities may include close vision; color vision and the ability to adjust focus. Exposure to outside weather conditions while working with residents. Noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to occasionally loud.
1. Assist residents requiring assistance with activities of daily living such as bathing, dressing,
grooming, toileting and ambulating.
2. Assist with the administration of medications for ALF Residents as needed.
3. Assistance with meal preparation and serving of meals and snacks.
4. Dining Room preparation and clean up after meals.
5. Laundry Services - Wash, dry and fold clothes as necessary.
6. Performs Housekeeping services for residents as needed–
* Clean bathrooms - scour and polish sinks, mirrors, commodes, showers, and replaces soap and tissue.
* Vacuum and dust resident’s rooms as scheduled.
* Empty Trash
7. Perform Community Housekeeping Services - Dust furniture, vacuum drapery and furniture,
clean windows, light fixtures and straightening common areas of community.
8. Respond and attend to residents request promptly.
9. Answers emergency call signal immediately.
10. Report changes in the resident’s condition and needs to the Administrator.
11. Check residents who have had a fall or injury or who are not feeling well.
12. Complete Incident reports as needed.
13. Check on all new residents for their specific needs.
14. Report all falls and unusual incidents immediately to the Administrator or designee.
15. Participates in activities with residents and assist in providing therapeutic and leisure
activities, such as physical exercises, occupational arts and crafts, and recreational games
for the residents.
16. Any other duties as assigned.
This job description is intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person assigned to this position. The primary duties and responsibilities are intended to describe those functions that are essential to the performance of this job.
This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. There are other duties and responsibilities that are considered incidental or secondary to the overall purpose of this job. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by management.