JOB SUMMARY: The Marketing Officer is responsible for the design, implementation and coordination of all branding, marketing, and networking activities of the Bank; plans, manages and coordinates all bank events; works closely with Compliance Officer to ensure marketing activities and advertisements are in compliance with state and federal regulations; develops various marketing concepts, materials, advertisements, programs, press releases, and other special events approved by Senior Management and the Board of Directors. Leads marketing arm of all implementation efforts with respect to the installation of new or existing products and services. The Marketing Officer is responsible for promoting the spirit, philosophy, dedication, and general direction of the Bank.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities: Following is a summary of the essential functions for this job. Other duties may be performed, both major and minor, which are not mentioned below. Specific activities may change from time to time.
Develops marketing plans for retail, mortgage and commercial divisions which are consistent with overall Bank vision and within budget
Gathers and interprets information to identify opportunities, present insights, conclusions and recommendations related to product development, competitive pricing, customer acquisition and retention, and other strategic issues
Conducts and interprets market research for local market planning and goal setting
Identifies local market needs and oversees local advertising and merchandising programs
Developing direct mail and email marketing strategy, artwork and coordinating mail outs
Responsible for the Bank’s media, advertising and literature, ensuring that all compliance requirements are met and that branding is consistent
Coordinates print and outdoor media planning and placement
Works with ad agency to develop creative and place broadcast media
Responsible for designing, planning, scheduling, coordinating and managing all bank events
Responsible for event supply storage; event cleanup as well as purchase and restock of all needed supplies
Purchase promotional items and maintain inventory within budget; to include unpacking and stocking of items
Coordinates local sponsorships and event participation requests; oversees development of sponsorship and events materials
Maintains a high degree of product knowledge and industry updates, trends and market environment in order to promote sales and retain assets
Responsible for tactical direct mail program, including list requirements
Utilizes MCIF system (Touché) and running reports monthly and as needed to measure campaigns and determine cross-sell opportunities
Maintains website and social media accounts
Responsible for overall marketing budget, including media campaigns, promotional materials and sponsorships
Maintains a high degree of knowledge of legal and compliance requirements and ensures that all Bank materials in circulation are compliant
Assists with implementations of new software, products and services.
Writes and distributes press releases and media alerts, responds to media inquiries, pitches story ideas to local media
Responsible for periodic marketing update reports to the SVP of Marketing
Responsible for other projects and assignments as assigned by SVP of Marketing
Preferred: Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Communications, or Public Relations.
Acceptable: Bachelor’s degree in a non-related field with equivalent experience and knowledge
Previous Work Experience and Training:
Must be proficient in graphic design. Experience with Adobe Creative Suite highly preferred. Marketing and/or public relations experience, preferably in a Bank or retail environment; thorough understanding of marketing concepts; understanding of branch banking concept preferred, but not required; computer skills to include proficiency with marketing data base programs, MS Office Applications (Word, Outlook, Excel), email and internet applications as well as experience with Adobe Creative Suite
Required Skills and Competencies:
The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills and/or abilities required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Excellent attendance as this position is solely responsible for several duties.
2. Demonstrated ability to read, follow written or verbal instructions, and accurately complete written papers/reports using proper grammar skills.
3. Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced and multi-task-type environment
4. Good interpersonal skills
5. Intermediate understanding of Windows operating system
6. Ability to perform intermediate mathematical functions
7. Demonstrated ability to deliver excellent client service and provide team support
8. Ability to complete any necessary, short-term, out-of-town, training programs for bank systems.
9. Willingness and available transportation to travel between local branch locations to accommodate temporary staffing needs as required
10. Ability to lift, maneuver and carry a minimum of 30 pounds
11. Ability to work in a standing position for more than 4 hours at a time
12. Ability to move about in and easily traverse a small work area in order to facilitate bank events
13. Ability to communicate easily with customers and vendors in English
14. Ability to discern a customer’s/vendor’s needs and easily convey information to customers/vendors.
15. Ability to use/control a computer keyboard/mouse and view a computer monitor for extended periods of time
16. Ability to operate printer/copier/fax machine, to include opening and closing those machines and putting in new supplies
17. Must be creative, detail-oriented and efficient, with the ability to quickly analyze information.