We are looking for an experienced tax senior or manager with public accounting experience to join our team! You will join our team in an important role working with a variety of great clients at local CPA firm in Salt Lake City. Looking for a change of scenery? We're looking for a sharp tax accountant to help fill a need in our audit group. Little to no travel, no public company work, no PCAOB reviews, a lot of opportunities to help local clients. This position is responsible for supervising, performing, and reviewing a variety of tax returns and tax consulting work. The ideal candidate will have strong client management skills, self-motivated, and works well with a fun group of CPAs and professionals. In addition, this candidate is expected/encouraged (pick a verb) to continue the firm’s tradition of practice development by representing the firm in the community and adding to the growth of our client base.
- Preparing and reviewing all types of tax returns, including personal, partnerships, corporations, non-profits, trusts, etc.
- Continuing to develop technical skills in the areas of complex partnership and corporate tax matters by constant research of necessary topics
- Engaging in tax planning opportunities and managing client communications and expectations
- Demonstrate a thorough tax knowledge in the following industries: real estate, construction, manufacturing, professional services, non-profit, wholesale/distribution, start-up/tech, etc.
- Understanding your clients’ business and tax needs and a demonstrated ability resolve complicated situations in a timely manner.
- Providing training and support to other staff
- Bachelors in Accounting or equivalent required
- MBA/Master’s degree in Accountancy preferred
- Four (4) to seven (7) years prior work experience in public accounting
- Experience with partnership tax returns
- Licensed CPA or international equivalent
- Strong accounting, analytical, and research skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Strong skills and experience with Microsoft Word, Outlook, Excel, QuickBooks.
Local CPA firm
Why Work Here?
Great partners, growth opportunties, local firm
Salt Lake City, UT