Integrated Pest Management (IPM) Specialist
Local Bounti Hamilton, MT
- Posted: over a month ago
LOCATION: Hamilton, MT
This IPM Specialist is responsible for developing and executing a comprehensive and harmonized IPM program across all of Local Bounti's production sites with consideration of minimal reliance on pesticides.
- Develop and implement IPM strategy for all stages of growth.
- Close communication with Nursery and Greenhouse managers to identify and execute best practices to minimize pests and pathogens.
- Training and development of greenhouse and nursery staff in all matters related to IPM.
- Maintain accurate records in compliance with: WPS rules, operational rules, Food Safety rules, and Local Bounti corporate principles.
- Comprehension of pesticide regulatory requirements in the states of various locations.
- Collect and maintain current and accurate data on pest and disease pressure.
- Determine and respond to pest and disease thresholds, and economic injury levels for all crops.
- Maintain inventory and proper storage of all chemicals and BCAs.
- Applications of pesticides and beneficial insects.
- Track applications, and their efficacy.
- Stay up to date on industry best practices.
- Bachelor's Degree in horticulture or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience with IPM practices in a commercial setting.
- Ability to obtain a valid Montana Non-Commercial Pesticide License within 60 days of starting this position and to be kept current. Note: licenses in the states of other locations will be required.
- Basic math skills and some mechanical aptitude.
- Ability to work independently as well as with teams.
- Self-motivated and flexible.
- Organizational skills and able to coordinate work with other teams
- Positive attitude and eagerness to complete all assignments as required
- Some evenings and weekends will be required.
- Ability to communicate in verbal and in writing, in person, and via phone or radio.
- Continuously walk, stand, bend, kneel (and remain working below knee-level) as well as reaching overhead, and from side to side for long periods of time.
- Work indoors and outdoors, in seasonal temperatures and conditions.
- Lift up to 50 pounds in an environment that is often hot.
About Local Bounti:
Local Bounti is a leading controlled environment agriculture (CEA) company growing a variety of fresh and living herbs and greens at our facilities in Hamilton, Montana and Pasco, Washington with projects in progress throughout the Western United States. Our mission is to bring our farm to your kitchen and deliver the freshest, locally grown produce in the fewest food miles possible.
By growing local and minimizing the distance between farm and plate, Local Bounti helps eliminate food waste and provides fresh, high-quality produce to areas of the country over 1,000 miles from their current source. Our sustainable greenhouse technology delivers ideal growing conditions for each of our diverse selection of crops, resulting in 90% less water consumption and 95% less land use than conventional agriculture, no need for herbicides or pesticides, and the lowest carbon footprint in the industry. We provide an interactive, educational, and safe work environment and are dedicated to helping our employees grow within the company. Local Bounti is committed to fully integrating environmental, social, and governance (ESG) objectives in all our business activities.
Real EstateView all jobs at Local Bounti