Loblaw Companies Limited Hamilton, ON
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
ABOUT THE GROUP:
The goal for this department is ensure that administrative tasks are handled in a confidential, time effective manner. They are a front line representatives to handle colleague and customer questions/concerns.
SCOPE OF POSITION:
The Warehouse Supervisor position is accountable for functional area execution in a world class supply chain Distribution Centre. They provide leadership and direction to the colleagues to maintain the seamless running of the operations and ensure operational effectiveness of the DC.
WHAT YOU WILL DO:
- Ensure the efficient management of operations;
- Implement standardized processes and tools;
- Ensure that shift targets are met or exceeded;
- Monitor the flow of work in and out of the DC (including equipment planning);
- Address issues in a proactive manner;
- Plan the weekly workforce (scheduling);
- Evaluate and monitor the performance of the shift and proactively deal with issues as they arise;
- Evaluate and provide reports to Senior Supervisor.
- Support Senior Supervisor at shift meetings as required;
- Establish and maintain high personal involvement, accessibility and visibility to employees;
- Encourage a positive work culture that engages colleagues;
- Manage the overall performance management and discipline process;
- Conduct critical disciplinary action.
- Ensure proper time with inbound/outbound;
- Ensure proper quality, establish and maintain partnering relationship with transportation;
- Establish and maintain partnering relationship with union representatives on daily basis;
- Administer collective agreement.
COMPLIANCE MANAGEMENT AND CONTINUOUS IMPROVEMENT
- Ensure compliance with H&S requirements;
- Identify hazards; review/analyze/ execute the root cause of accidents for further recommendations;
- Ensure compliance with Food safety/ Sanitation requirements;
- Ensure environmental requirements are met;
- Ensure compliance with collective agreements and labour standards, LP and company policies.
- Foster a culture of continuous improvement among the team.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- High School diploma
- 3-5 years of related work experience
- 1-3 years of Supervisory/Management experience
- Excellent communication skills are an asset
- Must have strong leadership skills
- Must have the ability to multitask
- Strong organization skills would be an asset
SCHEDULE: (2 positions available)
- Afternoon Shift, 315pm – 11:45pm, Wed/Thurs off
- Night Shift, 11:15pm – 7:45am, Sun/Mon off
How You’ll Succeed:
At Loblaw, we seek great people to continually strengthen our culture. We believe great people model our values, are authentic, build trust and make connections.
If that sounds like you, and you are open-minded, responsive to change and up to the challenges provided in a fast-paced retail environment, apply today.
In addition, we believe that compliance with laws is about doing the right thing. Upholding the law is part of our Code of Conduct – it reinforces what our customers and stakeholders expect of us.
Type of Role:
Loblaw recognizes Canada's diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization. Accommodation is available upon request for applicants with disabilities in the recruitment and assessment process and when hired.
Our Purpose – Live Life Well:
Loblaw Companies Limited is Canada’s food and pharmacy leader, the nation’s largest retailer, and the majority unit holder of Choice Properties Real Estate Investment Trust. Loblaw – and its portfolio of grocery, health and beauty, financial services and apparel businesses – provides Canadians with an unparalleled mix of value, assortment and convenience, and offers Canadians two of the country’s most recognized brands – President’s Choice and no name.
The acquisition of Shoppers Drug Mart, along with the powerful Life Brand and Optimum brand, has only served to reinforce our leadership position in the marketplace. As well, our PC Plus program, omni-channel efforts and multicultural merchandising offerings continued to be points of differentiation for our customer experience.
In 2017, Loblaw has been recognized as one of Canada’s Top 100 Employers, Best Diversity Employers and Greater Toronto's Top Employers by Mediacorp Canada Inc.
Loblaw Companies Limited
There are many benefits to joining Loblaw Companies Limited, Canada’s leading food, and pharmacy retailer. Every day, we ensure our customers have access to quality products that help them Live Life Well. Our Distribution Centres help customers get access to the items they need -- making sure that our stores are always stocked with everyone’s favorite brands. Our company recognizes Canada’s diversity as a source of national pride and strength. We have made it a priority to reflect our nation’s evolving diversity in the products we sell, the people we hire, and the culture we create in our organization.
1105 Fountain Street NorthHamilton, ON
Transportation and Storage