Experienced Mortgage Controller
LoanSnap Costa Mesa, CA
- Expired: December 29, 2020. Applications are no longer accepted.
We are a small, smart, and fun team backed by top VC firms. Our two founders, Karl Jacob and Allan Carroll, are serial entrepreneurs whose companies have helped millions of consumers from protecting them from spam to communicating with family members. Karl has raised 23 rounds of financing, created 6 companies from scratch and built products and companies that impact 10s of millions of people. Now we are helping consumers with the largest financial transaction of their lives, buying or refinancing a house and making the process fast, easy and fair.
We are looking for a Controller to oversee both the accounting and human resource functions of our mortgage banking company. The person in this position should have strong overall accounting and technical skills, while also having excellent customer service skills and superior organizational and prioritization management skills. The ability to communicate effectively across a broad audience will be critical to the individual’s success. He or she must have a demonstrated history of ethical behavior and decision making.
This candidate needs to be flexible with the ability to flourish in a fast-paced and challenging environment while managing multiple diverse tasks and meeting key deadlines. The successful candidate must be comfortable working at a detailed level and have the skills necessary to “see” and adapt to the bigger picture issues. He or she should be a self-starter and have excellent motivation, leadership, and ingenuity to excel in this position. The successful candidate must have a demonstrated history of providing accurate deliverables within tight deadlines.
- Oversee and participate in the general ledger monthly close including the reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts
- Oversee all trust accounting
- Oversee and participate in human resource functions including payroll processing, recruiting, benefits, etc.
- Establish and promote best practices for accounting and human resource functions
- Manage and train the team of accounting and human resource professionals
- Work with senior management to analyze financial variances and provide insights into causes and improvements
- Minimum of 5 years of experience as a controller or accounting manager working with multiple entities and/or locations in the mortgage industry
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience managing a team of 3 or more
PREFERRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Certified Public Accountant
- Experience managing the human resources function including payroll preparation, benefits management, and recruiting.
- Proven expertise with QuickBooks Online and Encompass general ledger systems