ABOUT THE POSITION - The Compliance Specialist will be responsible for supporting the Compliance Department. The Compliance Specialist is responsible for providing subject matter advice and guidance with respect to laws, regulations, and industry trends and best practices affecting operations. He or she is also responsible for research and regulatory analysis to support business.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Engages in examinations, the purpose of determining compliance with applicable consumer protection, fair lending and civil rights laws and regulations, and related enforcement activities
- Conducts compliance examinations/reviews, i.e., reviews loan samples for technical compliance with federal law (e.g., ECOA, FCRA, FDCPA, TILA, FDIC requirements)
- Assists management in formulating programs to address and correct deficiencies or problems identified
- Coordinates examinations to ensure that review is completed on time
- Works closely with regulated entities that have requested assistance in developing or refining compliance programs
- Updates policies and procedures relative to regulatory changes
- Reviews that business operations follow company established policies and procedures
- Ensures consumer laws and regulations are being followed
- Conducting audits to assess controls, operational efficiencies and compliance with selected policies, procedures and regulations.
- Ensuring documentation is adequately documented and audit evidence is sufficient.
- Assisting in developing regular audit plans
- Helps coordinate compliance training across the company
- Reviews new products and services to ensure appropriate consideration of all applicable federal and state laws and regulations
- Performs compliance/regulatory related research as requested by management
- Performs other duties as assigned
ESSENTIAL KNOWLEDGE, SKILL & LICENSES:
- In-depth knowledge of bank regulations, requirements, and application of those regulations
- Strong attention to detail with excellent follow up skills and the ability to work efficiently and accurately
- Well-developed verbal and written communication skills and interpersonal skills to be able to interact and communicate with diverse groups of customers, employees, examiners, etc.
- Self-starter that can manage multiple priorities simultaneously and work in a fast-paced/deadline driven environment
- Willing team player with the ability to put forth the extra effort necessary to make the office a successful operation including the willingness to put in extra time when needed
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and integrity
- Advanced PC skills
- Ability to work with multiple platforms
- Extensive AML, CFLL, ECOA, FDCPA, FCRA, OFAC, and CFPB knowledge and application of its laws and regulations
- Ability to interpret laws and regulations and make them easy to understand
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE:
- Bachelor's degree from a college or university; or related experience and/or training; or the equivalent combination of education and experience. Educational experience, through in-house training sessions, formal school or financial industry related curriculum, should be applicable to the financial industry.
- Experience with supervisory compliance examination process and procedures under the CFPB and FDIC
MACHINES, OFFICE EQUIPMENT, & SOFTWARE
- Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook
- Copier, fax and other general office supplies
- Web navigation and/or web-based applications
WORKING AT LOANMART
Employees enjoy a work environment that is informal, entrepreneurial, fun, exciting, and active. We keep things buzzing on the floor with contests, games and social gatherings. We offer very affordable, top-shelf medical/dental/vision plans, as well as a variety of supplemental benefits to fit your individual needs. We do not tie up good ideas in a bureaucratic maze- good ideas come from everywhere and we want our employees to speak up and be recognized. Career advancement is a matter of turning an idea into an objective. If you're driven and meet the qualifications above, we want to hear from you!
LoanMart will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring.
Notice to third parties:Please do not contact Wheels Financial Group, LLC about this position unless you are a job seeker and potential applicant for this position. Please do not contact Wheels Financial Group, LLC about other services, products or commercial interests.Notice to Agency and Search Firm Representatives:Wheels Financial Group, LLC is not accepting unsolicited resumes from agencies and/or search firms for this or other job postings. Resumes submitted to any Wheels Financial Group, LLC employee by a third party agency and/or search firm without a valid written and signed search agreement, will become the sole property of Wheels Financial Group, LLC. No fee will be paid if a candidate is hired for this position as a result of an unsolicited agency or search firm referral.
Job Posted by ApplicantPro