Associate Athletic Trainer
- Posted: over a month ago
Position: Associate Athletic Trainer
Department: Sports Medicine
Reports to: Head Athletic Trainer
Livingstone College, a NCAA Division II member institution, Livingstone College is a member of the Central Intercollegiate Athletic Association. We are seeking applications for the position of Associate Athletic Trainer. This is a 12 month position with full benefits. Livingstone College sponsors 16 intercollegiate athletic programs, and has 230 student-athletes. The Associate Athletic Trainer is responsible for providing assistance to the Head Athletic Trainer in reference to administrative duties, and is responsible for the prevention, evaluation, treatment, and referral of injuries of their own teams. Specific duties include, but are not limited to: overseeing daily healthcare of student-athletes, management of the athletic training room and facilities, maintaining appropriate medical records, daily practice and game coverage, travel responsibilities as necessary, and other jobs deemed appropriate or necessary.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Will assist in covering 16 team sports.
• Candidates should be organized and be able to manage time efficiently.
• They should also be a self-starter with an excellent work ethic, and be capable of working independently as well as in a team setting.
• Must be willing to work night and weekends as needed, and travel as required.
• Will need to be prepared to assist with administrative tasks dealing with insurance filing and claims, as well as departmental events.
• Minimum qualifications: Bachelor’s degree, Master’s preferred.
• NATABOC certification required at time of application
• Eligible for North Carolina Licensure.
• Experience working in the collegiate setting is preferred.
Sports and RecreationView all jobs at Livingstone College