Library Support Staff - Part Time
Livingston Parish Library Denham Springs, LA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
Location: Watson Branch
Schedule: 20 hours weekly (May include nights and/or weekend hours)
Tentative Bi-Weekly Schedule:
Week 1: Monday 1pm - 5pm, Tuesday 1pm - 5pm, Wednesday 4pm - 8pm, Thursday 4pm - 8pm, Saturday 9am - 5pm
Week 2:Monday 1pm - 5pm, Tuesday 1pm- 5pm, Wednesday 4pm - 8pm, Thursday 4pm - 8pm
Library support staff perform a variety of duties that help the library serve its communities and help the patrons who visit library locations. The level of duty and responsibility assigned to an employee is related to their relative educational background and experience.
Support staff may be required to perform any of the following duties:
- Serving patrons with a strong customer support attitude at the library service desk, both in person and over the phone
- Processing library materials for distribution
- Assistco-workers and supervisorswith special projects or programs, as assigned
- Assists patrons in using library services
- Maintains materials of the branch library
- Assists with library programming
- Performs other duties as assigned by the branch manager.
A potential employee of the Livingston Parish Library should possess the following:
- Strong customer service skills
- Strong telephone skills
- Positive attitude toward work
- Basic math skills
- Basic computer knowledge
Job requirements for this position include:
- Education: A minimum of a high school diploma, or equivalent, is required
- Ability to work night and weekend hours on a rotating schedule
- Ability to bend, stoop, carry at least 25 pounds, and push a loaded book truck
- Must be able to stand for extensive periods of time during the work day
The library support staff position is broken into three (3) classifications. The general job descriptions for each, including duties and responsibilities, are linked below.
- Library Assistant I
- Library Associate I
- Library Associate II
Livingston Parish Library is an equal opportunity employer.
Conditions of employment: completion of assessment test, transcripts of degree earned (if applicable), and successful completion of background check.
Assessment tests are sent via email after completion of application.
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by the employee(s) incumbent in this position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform any other job-related duties requested by any person authorized to give instructions or assignments.
All duties and responsibilities are essential functions and requirements and are subject to possible modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. To perform this job successfully, the incumbents will possess the skills aptitudes and abilities to perform each job duty proficiently. Some requirements may exclude individuals who pose a direct threat or significant risk to the health or safety of themselves or others. The requirements listed in this document are the minimum levels of knowledge skills or abilities.
This document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Livingston Parish Library
AddressDenham Springs, LA
GovernmentView all jobs at Livingston Parish Library