Livestock Nutrition Center specializes in blending customized rations, supplements and premixes to meet the specific nutritional needs of livestock producer's operations. We understand that management, performance objectives and feeding practices can be vastly different between operations, and that these differences dictate specific nutritional or formulation requirements. Our experienced sales staff and nutritionist will work with the producers to design a feeding program that is specific to their operation.
Our Mission is to add value to the suppliers and end users in the feed ingredient supply chain through distribution, processing and service.
Our focus is to provide customized feeding programs, nutritional products, and expert service to livestock producers that promote their long-term success and profitability.
Livestock Nutrition Center is looking for qualified candidates with a Class A CDL license to operate bulk auger trucks out of our North Kansas City, MO Feed Mill location. This position will operate heavy trucks and trailers, bobtail feed trucks, and pickups with trailers, to deliver bulk feed, bagged feed, and/or feed supplements. The majority of our customers are within a 75 mile radius of the Feed Mill. Drivers will be home every night. We do operate an on-call, rotating Saturday schedule during our peak season.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Safely deliver LNC livestock feed products to customers as directed and collects payment for goods delivered and delivery charges as needed. In this role, the driver is the “face” of LNC to the customer, and has responsibility for maintaining relationships with our customers.
- Safely place delivered feed in the appropriate location directed by the customer, assuming that may be accomplished safely in the judgement of the driver and driver’s supervisor.
- Transport finished goods and raw materials to and from manufacturing plants or retail and distribution centers
- Maintain telephone or radio contact with supervisor to receive delivery instructions, and communicate updates.
- Display a professional and courteous attitude to customers, co-workers, supervisors, and the general public.
- Inspect vehicles for mechanical and safety issues with an awareness of preventative maintenance. Inspect truck equipment and supplies (such as tires, lights, brakes, gas, oil, and water).
- Maintain driver and truck logs, in compliance with state and federal regulations, including work/rest periods and miles driven, as well as daily pre and post inspection documentation.
- Plan routes and meet delivery schedules
- Comply with truck driving rules and regulations (size, weight, route designations, parking and break periods) as well as with company policies and procedures
- Maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Report defects, accidents or violations
- Strictly adhere to safety requirements, policies, and procedures as outlined in the employee manual and safety meetings.
- Reliable, regular on-time attendance is required and essential to the operation of the LNC team.
- Perform other duties related to or including operating hydraulic systems on trailers, truck and trailer setup for appropriate delivery, delivering exceptional customer service, and any other duties assigned by management
- Proven work experience as a truck driver; Prefer a minimum of 2 years of experience in the operation of tractor/trailer equipment
- Possesses a current and valid Class A Commercial driver’s license
- Ability to work weekends, on a rotating & seasonal basis
- Is physically qualified to drive a CMV; Possesses adequate health and agility to climb up and down ladders to properly unload feed and check customer bins, as well as the ability to regularly lift/move up to 50lbs.
- Can safely operate the type of CMV he/she intends to operate
- Ability to maneuver trucks into loading or unloading positions
- Hands on experience with electronic equipment and software (Electronic logs, GPS)
- Extensive knowledge of applicable truck driving rules and regulations
- Adaptability and foresight to handle unexpected situations (traffic, weather conditions, for example)
- Must be at least 21 years old
- Can read and speak English
- No recent moving or driving violations; Is not disqualified to drive a CMV
- Must have no serious traffic violations in the last 3 years
- Must have no more than 3 moving violation in the last 3 years; or more than 2 moving violations in the last 12 months.
- Must have no more than 1 preventable accident involving bodily injury, fatality or disabling damages to a vehicle requiring to be towed from the scene in the last 3 years.
- LNC may not consider any driver applicant who has been convicted of a criminal offense involving a commercial vehicle.
- Willing to submit to background/drug checks and provide employment references
Benefits and Perks
- All Full Time employees eligible for competitive benefits package.
Powered by JazzHR
Livestock Nutrition Center, LLC