Capital Procurement Manager
About Livent: Livent powers the things that power our lives. From the revolution in electric vehicle batteries and mobile devices to the strong, lightweight alloys and advanced polymers that take innovation further, we harness lithium technology to help the world move forward—cleaner, healthier and more sustainably.
For nearly eight decades, we’ve been harnessing lithium’s potential to change the energy landscape. We are a pioneer in the lithium industry and have a rich history of breakthrough innovations and industry achievements, including partnering with Sony Corporation to develop the first ever Lithium-ion battery for commercial use.
Today, Livent builds on our heritage and is a global leader in the lithium industry with a differentiated product offering, proven track record and sustainability profile. Our customer portfolio includes some of the most dynamic companies in the world, including Tesla, and BMW Group.
Our customers look to us to meet the most demanding technical requirements, drawing upon our strengths in R&D with our advanced engineering capabilities, industry-leading materials science expertise, fully integrated global supply chain, and passion for continuous improvement and excellence.
Together, we work to safely and sustainably convert lithium’s potential into commercial progress, driving not only incremental improvements and also next generation, transformative opportunities.
For customers at the forefront of the once in a generation shift in how the world powers itself – and the fight against climate change – Livent is the lithium technology partner that’s leading the way.
Position Summary: This role will be responsible for strategic sourcing and procurement of base capital and capital expansion. You will create new and build upon existing relationships with suppliers to foster cooperation, adoption and fulfillment of contract obligations while also contributing to departmental initiatives, providing insight on market activity, supplier initiatives, innovations and process issues.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Manage and delivers base capital and global expansion capital purchasing and provide oversight on strategy, sourcing, etc.; execute procurement activities through procurement team to meet individual project budget and schedule requirements.
- Lead and Manage RFI/RFQ/RFPs from start to finish, which includes creation, issuance, and facilitation of the entire process, through vendor evaluations (using scorecards) and vendor selection
- Work closely with multiple business areas and stakeholders to resolve, establish, develop sourcing strategies and supplier management activities with input of spend analytics and budgetary forecasts
- Ensure compliance of all procurement activities with Local and Global procedures
- Support and lead capital contract negotiations; review and understand capital contracts, analyze supplier’s revisions to such contracts, seek cross-functional inputs on contract provisions that impact the business, and work with the legal department to finalize contracts.
- Provide capital contract administration for large contracts, such as EPCM, large capital purchases, etc., to resolve or settle contract disputes and make recommendations to management for resolution of capital contract issues and risks; coordinate and consult with project team, legal counsel, senior management to resolve complex capital contract issues and risks.
- Establish, monitor, and evaluate performance objectives and resources for Capital Procurement.
Supervisory Responsibility: Yes
Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree with educational concentration in supply chain, engineering, business administration or a related field is preferred. MBA or advanced degree is desired or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 8 years related experience
- Previous experience of strategic sourcing, capital project procurement
- Outstanding problem solving, critical thinking and analytical skills, with the ability to quickly articulate creative, practical solutions
- People management experience preferred
- SAP experience preferred
Knowledge and Skill Requirements
- Exceptional knowledge of procurement concepts, RFx processes, contracts and T&C’s and generally accepted purchasing principles
- Articulate creative, practical solutions
- People management experience preferred
- SAP experience preferred
- Customer Focus
- Decision Quality
- Functional/Technical Skills
- Priority Setting
- Problem Solving
- Drive for Results
Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee is frequently required to stand; walk; sit; use hands to finger, handle, or feel and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to stoop, kneel, or crouch. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision and color vision.
Work Environment: The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job
While performing the duties of this Job, the employee is occasionally exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals. The employee is occasionally exposed to wet and/or humid conditions; moving mechanical parts; fumes or airborne particles; outside weather conditions and extreme heat. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
Safety Requirements: All employees are expected to carry out their work functions in a healthy and safe manner, to encourage and support safe work practices at all times, and to report and/or rectify any unsafe conditions that may come to their attention immediately.
Personal Protective Equipment – Must wear PPE as required based on job duties.
Travel Required: 0-15%
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed above are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
LIVENT employs people across a broad range of occupations in locations across the world. We are looking for people to join us in creating, developing, and improving our products, our processes, and our markets. Employees enjoy competitive compensation, a menu of work/life benefits and opportunities to continue developing their skills and building their career.
LIVENT is an Equal Opportunity Employer, EEO, AAE, MFDV and supports a drug free workplace.
Livent USA CorpPhiladelphia, PA
BusinessView All Livent USA Corp Jobs
You Already Have an Account
We're sending an email you can use to verify and access your account.
If you know your password, you can go to the sign in page.