Livengrin Foundation is seeking a Behavioral Health Technician to join our Residential department. The Behavioral Health Technician will be responsible for working closely with patients and providing the necessary clinical and activity support.
This is an as needed position including day, evening and overnight shifts.
- Regularly shares observations regarding specific patient behaviors, background and other relevant factors.
- Performs room searches and maintains room inspection record in a satisfactory fashion.
- Assist patients in the completion of required paperwork during admission.
- Performs and/or assists with search of belongings and properly ensures proper inventory; removes contraband properly and completes necessary documentation.
- Maintains an orderly and therapeutic environment for patients. Communicates important clinical information verbally and/or in logs for the next shift.
- Possess basic knowledge of addiction concepts and effects of alcohol and drugs on adults.
- Supervision is sought out, or supervisory staff is properly notified, when unusual situations arise beyond scope of expertise.
- Conducts educational seminars to patient population in a professional and competent manner.
- Performs ancillary functions that are consistent with maintaining facility operations. This includes maintaining logs and completing any paperwork required, maintaining patient lockers of personal items.
- Completes inventory duties, including restocking forms and handouts related to patient orientation and other programs.
- Assist counselor with other duties as requested.
- Provides high quality customer service.
- Assists patients with daily schedule.
- Monitors patients while in residence houses according to current policies.
- Assist in the planning and implementation of patient activities.
- Orients patients to Livengrin policy and expectations.
- Monitors patient meetings and lectures as necessary.
- High School Diploma or its equivalent.
- Certified Recovery Specialist preferred.
- Demonstrated interest in working in the addiction treatment field.
- Ability to work any shift (first, second or third shift) and weekends.
Livengrin FoundationLivengrin Foundation is a highly respected Bucks County, Pennsylvania-based nonprofit provider of addiction treatment services, with a 119-bed residential facility and 5 outpatient sites throughout the region. More than 100,000 people have come through the doors of Livengrin to begin a journey to recovery. The Foundation’s mission is to make sustainable recovery possible through professional, accessible and successful treatment options.