Lively Root San Diego, CA
- Posted: over a month ago
Lively Root is looking for a Marketing Specialist to build and execute measurable programs that increase adoption, increase retention, and make our customers loyal and successful. We want a quick learning generalist with a wide range of skills and a can-do attitude. You will help us develop a playbook to engage customers, create industry-leading content, excellent marketing support materials, and help keep our web presence sparkling. Your primary goal is to generate new visits and ultimately orders to our website. You must be comfortable with both creative and performance marketing, and working cross-functionally with the product, sales, account management, and support teams. This job is a fantastic opportunity to help own a B2C marketing program within a fast moving start-up with the help of seasoned executives!
- Must have experience with eCommerce!
- Run social media accounts on Instagram, Facebook & Pinterest
- Own developing and managing content and social media marketing programs, including blogs and public relations efforts
- Ability to successfully organize and manage photoshoots
- Experience with Shopify or willingness to learn
- Support the marketing department's initiatives with the planning, executing, and tracking of marketing programs such as email, event, social media, or content marketing
- Independently coordinate marketing campaigns, including overseeing logistics, managing implementation, coordinating with team, and assuring timely completion
- Coordinate product, content and email marketing campaigns, including copy, scheduling, management and quality assurance
- Create, proofread, and edit copy for various marketing channels, ensuring consistent voice
- Evaluate and monitor campaign performance on an ongoing basis by analyzing key metrics and creating comprehensive reports
- Manage relationships with external vendors to ensure high-quality and timely execution of marketing programs, and to ensure competitiveness
- Conduct market research and identify trends
- Come to the table with creative ideas and plans to execute them
- Develop and utilize a range of marketing programs to cross-sell, upsell, and grow customer base via both online and offline channels. This may include events, webinars, and marketing/sales campaigns.
- Own the customer communication strategy by developing segmented, high-converting CRM programs throughout the customer lifecycle. Analyze key lifecycle metrics and identify opportunities to improve marketing's impact on deployment, onboarding, adoption, and retention.
- Help with PR tactics, such as awards & contest submissions, blogger relations etc.
- 3+ years of online marketing experience for consumer facing startups.
- Design and implement marketing experiments across various channels to significantly move the needle on acquisition.
- Analyze all aspects of our conversion funnel to identify and prioritize opportunities to improve metrics.
- Clearly report weekly results, key learnings from campaign experiments, and propose recommendations.
- Comfortable dealing with ambiguity and proven ability to learn and apply new skills.
- Experience building customer marketing programs from the ground up.
- Deep understanding of tactics and best practices for campaign optimization, A/B testing, regression analysis and other advanced marketing techniques
- Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite, Marketing Automation Platforms, ESP, HTML, CMS all a plus.
- Strategic thinker who can identify new, better ways to grow the business
- Excellent prioritization skills and attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and constantly changing startup environment
- Bonus: Relevant product / industry experience
- Bonus: Previously worked at a successful startup
- Competitive market salary
- Unlimited PTO policy
- Full Health, dental, and vision benefits
- Early stage equity (depending on experience)
- Team outings and events
- Dog-Friendly workplace
- Swag and other company perks
Please Apply If you meet the requirements above and feel like you fit the following:
- Love of a fast paced, hard working environment - to work here you need to be a "bulldog" and do whatever has to be done to get the project completed. this sometime means long hours and often means leaving your comfort zone.
- Understanding of traditional and emerging marketing channels
- Excellent communication skills and analytical skills to forecast and identify trends and challenges
- Ability to think creatively and innovate
- Professional judgment and discretion along with budget-management skills and proficiency
- Familiarity with the latest trends, technologies and methodologies in graphic design, web design, production, etc.
- Must be in or willing to relocate to San Diego, CA
- You're bullish on plants :)