Job Description – Chief Electrical Estimator
- Provide leadership, direction and training for estimating team members.
- Manage all aspects of the estimating processes while meeting deadlines and company objectives, both short and long term.
- Lead the team to provide accurate, complete and competitive pricing.
- Maintain relationship with customers to define the project scope, address deficiencies, negotiate pricing and build relationships.
- Prepare and present completed estimating packages to company executives and senior management.
- Oversee the entire estimating process on all bid projects and accurately forecast future awards/probabilities.
Skills and Abilities
- Leadership and training skills
- Team oriented
- Ability to work with tight deadlines
- Expert knowledge of electrical estimating
- Thorough knowledge of the electrical industry
- General knowledge of mechanical, civil, and other specialty trades
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to incorporate the Chicago Electrical Code, National Electrical Code, building codes, and OSHA requirements into estimates
Education and Experience
- BS or Master’s Degree in Engineering, Construction Management, or related field preferred but not required
- 15+ years electrical contracting or construction experience
- 10+ years electrical estimating experience
- 5+ years project management experience
- 5+ years management or executive level experience
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office applications
- Ability to travel
- Proficiency in Conest
- Ability to visit jobsites and interact with field personnel
- Handle physical aspects of job: standing, sitting, lifting up to 25 lbs