Live Violence Free South Lake Tahoe, CA
- Expired: over a month ago. Applications are no longer accepted.
LIVE VIOLENCE FREE
Position: Executive Director
Organization Mission: Live Violence Free is a nonprofit organization committed to promoting a violence free community through education and advocacy to address domestic violence, sexual assault, child abuse and basic needs.
Primary Responsibilities: Under the supervision and serving at the pleasure of the Board of Directors, and working closely with the Management Team, provide overall supervision to the organization and its programs and act as a liaison to the community.
A. Executive Director
1. Monitor programs for effectiveness and accountability.
2. Participate and facilitate various meetings within the organization including but not limited to staff meetings, management meetings, task force meetings.
3. Represent the organization at various meetings held in the community; act as the liaison for Live Violence Free; be an active participant in the community; act as the link to the community and the organization’s most loyal promoter.
4. Responsible for keeping the Board of Directors informed about unmet needs, problems and gaps in services, as well as achievements and new directions within the organization.
5. Responsible for the provision of all supervised services in accordance with the organization’s policies, State laws and regulations, and accepted professional standards and practices.
6. Employ, direct and terminate staff in accordance with the personnel policies of the organization.
7. Responsible for overseeing the budget of the organization with a full understanding of the financials of a non-profit organization.
8. Understand the various grant programs and services in place at the organization.
9. Significantly grow the organization annually in unrestricted operating funding to ensure fiscal and organizational sustainability.
10. Provide leadership to Board, staff and volunteers and other stakeholders by implementing the organization’s vision and strategy; maintain, update and facilitate agency strategic plan.
11. Support staff on a day-to-day basis and provide them with opportunities for growth and career enhancements.
12. Support a culture that balances programmatic urgency with long-term sustainability.
13. Regularly assess and refine the organization’s structure and staffing to ensure maximum effectiveness and appropriate capacity.
Salary range: $90,000 - $100,000 DOE.
Minimum of a Bachelor’s degree in social services, business or human services; Master’s preferred. Minimum of five years in relevant senior level or executive experience. Have completed, or be able to complete, the 80-hour Crisis Intervention Training. Must be highly proficient in use of Microsoft Office.
Must have knowledge of a working non-profit organization, grant programs and services offered and experience working with a Board. Proven track record in generating resources and cultivating high-end donors successfully. Proven leadership in motivating and bringing people together toward a common vision. Must have excellent written and oral communication that foster respect and fairness with Board members, staff and community; strong organizational development and management and planning skills. Must be professional, organized, able to work well with minimal supervision and possess good judgment. Team-oriented approach to client services required. Commitment toward timeliness in all responsibilities, including evaluations of staff, meetings, financial obligations, community commitments and decision-making. Must have a high level of honesty and integrity. Occasionally this position requires moving and lifting objects up to 50 pounds. Valid driver's license, current auto insurance and registration, and dependable vehicle are required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this position.
Filing deadline:. Please send letter and resume to Mandi Weavil, LVF Board President, at firstname.lastname@example.org by August 21, 2020.
Live Violence Free
2941 Lake Tahoe BoulevardSouth Lake Tahoe, CA
BusinessView all jobs at Live Violence Free